Best post players in NKY....

Ludlow has 3 post players that could go just about anywhere and start. Ashley Daughtery, Julie Hardin, and Caitlin Ottaway will all play great for Ludlow this year. None will put up NKY leader numbers simply because at some point 1 of them are on the bench.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ludlow has 3 post players that could go just about anywhere and start. Ashley Daughtery, Julie Hardin, and Caitlin Ottaway will all play great for Ludlow this year. None will put up NKY leader numbers simply because at some point 1 of them are on the bench.

Believe me when I this, until Ludlow starts playing some of the bigger schools (yes I understand that Ludlow is a little school and has to schedule a lot of little school teams) but until they do, the three post players that you mentioned, will never get the recognition that I think they deserve. It really is a disservice to the girls.....and to any future outstanding players that play for Ludlow, playing the schedule year after year that Ludlow does. Why not try to improve the schedule as it doesn't help the team either, when they get to the District or Region as per last year when they got beat badly by Dixie and HHS....

Believe me when I this, until Ludlow starts playing some of the bigger schools (yes I understand that Ludlow is a little school and has to schedule a lot of little school teams) but until they do, the three post players that you mentioned, will never get the recognition that I think they deserve. It really is a disservice to the girls.....and to any future outstanding players that play for Ludlow, playing the schedule year after year that Ludlow does. Why not try to improve the schedule as it doesn't help the team either, when they get to the District or Region as per last year when they got beat badly by Dixie and HHS....

I know a lot of people have been knocking Ludlow in the past about their weak schedule, but their hands are tied with being in the conference they're in...they HAVE to play each team twice...however, I do believe they added Boone and Ryle to their schedule this year, along with some other big school...but their post player Ashley Daugherty is solid, and as a JR, should be considered a threat in the post...her vs. Behrens(both from Ludlow, sort of) should be a good match up!

I thought Daugherty got well deserved pub last year. Saw her name in the paper at least a couple of times, and definetly knew who she was when the Birds faced them in the regional.

I know a lot of people have been knocking Ludlow in the past about their weak schedule, but their hands are tied with being in the conference they're in...they HAVE to play each team twice...however, I do believe they added Boone and Ryle to their schedule this year, along with some other big school...but their post player Ashley Daugherty is solid, and as a JR, should be considered a threat in the post...her vs. Behrens(both from Ludlow, sort of) should be a good match up!

Just because they are in a weak conference does not mean that they can not play tougher schools, they really dont play the rest of the state other than NKY... I cant wait to see how they really fair against Boone....

Who are there bigs and what years are they going into???

Just because they are in a weak conference does not mean that they can not play tougher schools, they really dont play the rest of the state other than NKY... I cant wait to see how they really fair against Boone....

Who are there bigs and what years are they going into???

That is not true at all...Every year they play there fair share of teams that aren't in nky, and every year around Christmas time they usually are in a tournament down state somewhere other than nky. It might not be the Louisville schools, however they do play teams outside of nky and to say they dont is not the truth...Also as it has been said already a few times this offseason, Ludlow will be playing a better schedule this year with some of the top teams in NKY so the whole schedule talk needs to come to an end now because that wont be a problem anymore...

First of all very bad example in using Dixie, because Ludlow did play them in the regular season and also beat Dixie, and then Dixie returned the favor in the district championship...Also as I just said in my previous post this whole weak schedule talk needs to come to an end now because this years schedule is definitely a tougher one that features some top teams this year and one happens to be the team that probably will be the #1 team in the region in Boone County. There are also a few more better teams they have on the schedule this year. So Ludlow will be playing a better schedule than usual this year, and will be one of the best teams in the region this year...

Now to answer this thread Ashley Daughtery is definitely one of the top 5 post players in NKY. She is not even one of the two tallest girls on her team, but she has GREAT post moves inside that gets her to score. Not to mention she also gets fouled alot and is the best free throw shooter on the team. Ludlow has 3 really good post players this year led by Ashley Daughtery...

Who is HHS big girl????

Highlands has a sophmore to be who is now a 6' footer. She was the 2nd leading scorer on the team last year as a freshman and the leading rebounder. She we be a tough match up this year even for the older girls.

First of all very bad example in using Dixie, because Ludlow did play them in the regular season and also beat Dixie, and then Dixie returned the favor in the district championship...Also as I just said in my previous post this whole weak schedule talk needs to come to an end now because this years schedule is definitely a tougher one that features some top teams this year and one happens to be the team that probably will be the #1 team in the region in Boone County. There are also a few more better teams they have on the schedule this year. So Ludlow will be playing a better schedule than usual this year, and will be one of the best teams in the region this year...

Can we see the better schedule, to see how many top teams in the Commonwealth they are playing? Telling us they are improving their schedule and only telling us about one team, isn't really proving that Ludlow has improved their schedule.

BTW the example of Dixie was a great example, as who really cares about a win in December, it's the wins in March that count. Saw Ludlow play in that game against HHS, and it was over before the fourth quarter started. Ludlow has a rather good team, but they aren't going to get better unless they are willing to take their lumps in the regular season. So show us the teams that they are playing this year........

Why doesn't Ludlow try to get the rules changed to play the other teams in their conference only once like the big schools do.......

BTW: As good as Ludlow was last year, only in the 34th does Ludlow make it to the 9th Region. They don't beat HHS or NCC, NDA or Holmes, Boone or Conner.... being in the weakest District in NKy, does help them a lot, and IMO, until they win a game or two in the 9th or go to the All "A" (the non state tourney tournament) it proves to me they are still Ludlow....

Highlands has a sophmore to be who is now a 6' footer. She was the 2nd leading scorer on the team last year as a freshman and the leading rebounder. She we be a tough match up this year even for the older girls.

Towles

Also have Claire Ahern, 6 footer that played well for the freshman squad last year.

Can we see the better schedule, to see how many top teams in the Commonwealth they are playing? Telling us they are improving their schedule and only telling us about one team, isn't really proving that Ludlow has improved their schedule.

BTW the example of Dixie was a great example, as who really cares about a win in December, it's the wins in March that count. Saw Ludlow play in that game against HHS, and it was over before the fourth quarter started. Ludlow has a rather good team, but they aren't going to get better unless they are willing to take their lumps in the regular season. So show us the teams that they are playing this year........

Why doesn't Ludlow try to get the rules changed to play the other teams in their conference only once like the big schools do.......

BTW: As good as Ludlow was last year, only in the 34th does Ludlow make it to the 9th Region. They don't beat HHS or NCC, NDA or Holmes, Boone or Conner.... being in the weakest District in NKy, does help them a lot, and IMO, until they win a game or two in the 9th or go to the All "A" (the non state tourney tournament) it proves to me they are still Ludlow....

For some reason, the KHSAA site won't allow you to see schedules, but 99% are completed by now...as for the conference thing, they do need to do something about it because it does hold teams like Ludlow back...they have to play Silver Grove, Calvary, Villa, Bellevue, Dayton, Heritage, and Beechwood all twice. That's 14 of your alloted 23 games, which they are alos tied into the ALL A, which makes 15 games locked up. This is the year for them to prove something however, with the bigs being juniors and nothing to lose.:scared:

Boone lost 5 of their top 8 players...they lost their senior leadership, top post player in NKY, best outside shooter...No way they are the top team in the region...they are back in the middle of the pack...

Fookes is a fan of Stamm's...and agreed to play Ludlow out of respect for him and what he has done.

Boone will reload so now is the time to get them while they are down.

:laugh: I like that last part you wrote, I know I will definitely remember that when the season is going on...

Also back to the Dixie thing no it was not a great example. You in the post before that said along the lines that since Ludlow plays a soft schedule it didn't have them ready for better teams that they lost to at the end of the season in Dixie and Highlands. However Ludlow did not play Dixie in December they played them when it was getting close to district time and beat them and beat them pretty good shutting down their leading scorer holding her to zero points. Dixie just happened to return the favor in the district championship and shut down Ludlows offense...

Ha and now for your weakest district thing, you are correct however if you put them in another district and switched them back to the district they were at then you would have a terrible team making it from that district. Yeah the district aint the toughest however like it or not Ludlow was one of the top 8 teams last year and deserved to be in the region. I know you probably wouldn't want to admit that they were though, but you might have to get use to it. Because as you said the the team that is still just Ludlow has a great chance to be one of the top 5 teams in the region this year like it or not...