Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blue-Chip Camp

Featured Replies

Any word on how some of the states top players are performing? Any sleepers emerging?

The real story is that coach Gillispie has now offered guard Trae Golden (2010) who is at the camp a full-ride. This is now the 3rd offer for the 2010 class and two of them are guards with the other being Miller. Euton of course is the other offer who has verballed.

The real story is that coach Gillispie has now offered guard Trae Golden (2010) who is at the camp a full-ride. This is now the 3rd offer for the 2010 class and two of them are guards with the other being Miller. Euton of course is the other offer who has verballed.

 

Do you have any idea what team this kid is playing on at the camp or what player # he is wearing?

Spent some time there this week. Watched Team KY since they are from my area. Two sleepers there -- Noah Keeton from Lincoln County and Blaine Stull from Montgomery County. Both of them are playing above the level I thought they could play. Keeton has grown even more and Stull has a new coach in Keith Greisner. Wouldn't be suprised to see him as one of the top players in the region.

Welcome to BGP hsbballfan. Be sure to visit the New Member forum.

I actually got to see Golden play yesterday. I had no idea who he even was, but I watched him for 5 minutes and he jumped out at me. He is very physically mature, athletic, and shoots the ball and elavates well.

Trae golden was hobbled by a torn hamstring he suffered a while back that hasnt healed yet, so he was not at 100 percent. Although he was still the most dominating player I saw at the camp. He had a very mature body for only a sophomore, he is very athletic, has a nice jump shot,and very good court awareness.

Did not get to Georgetown, who else looked good at blue chip camp.? I saw the 2 mentioned play a few years ago, didn't think they were great, just good little ballplayers.

Who all went form the 16th and how did they do?

The overall camp seemed weaker than usual. IMO

The overall camp seemed weaker than usual. IMO

 

 

If I may ask...How did you base your opinion?

Who all went form the 16th and how did they do?

 

East Carter had almost their whole team & played uptempo & very well I might add. I realize this is summer ball & more play uptempo but I wish they would play more like this in the regular season as they were fun to watch. They have the athletes & players IMO do this in the 16th & be top 3-5 for sure. They had 1 kid who was JV last year that really surprised me but I cant recall his name. West had players there but didn't see them as much but the Barker kid did a really good job, has slimmed down & moves good plus he still shoots well. Elliott was there playing their usual hard nosed game,only saw 1 game so I do not know their record but I think they were beaten out in Qtrfinals. I saw Mayhew from BC play a couple of times & he looked really good. Selected for Allstars were Drew Johnson-East who if develops a consistent shot with his athletic ability would be drawing lots of college eyes. Faulkners, Ferguson & Maynard from Elliott. Maynard was blowing away the coaches,counselors & other campers with his shooting ability, with people in his face, off the dribble & especially from deep some were 6-7' behind 3pt line ! 16th made a good showing.

The overall camp seemed weaker than usual. IMO

 

It may have been a little weaker at the top end, maybe the 1st 7-8players. I thought overall is was equal or better than years past. The one thing that seemed to stand out & was enjoyable to see is how hard the kids played which made this years camp a lot of fun to watch

It may have been a little weaker at the top end, maybe the 1st 7-8players. I thought overall is was equal or better than years past. The one thing that seemed to stand out & was enjoyable to see is how hard the kids played which made this years camp a lot of fun to watch

 

 

Thanks. I was just curious. I didn't attend, but I glanced at the camp roster and didn't see a lot of 6'10" players or therabouts either for whatever reason. Also I know of one player who got hurt last day and missed the final tournament and all-star games.

It may have been a little weaker at the top end, maybe the 1st 7-8players. I thought overall is was equal or better than years past. The one thing that seemed to stand out & was enjoyable to see is how hard the kids played which made this years camp a lot of fun to watch

 

I agree

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.