Red Sox vs. Yankees

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Youkilis' hitting streak will end today. He did his job though with 3 walks and a run, I'm sure he'll gladly trade his streak for a win. The Yankees have used 12 pitchers in the 2 games so far as Torre continues to grind up his bullpen. Moose seemed to have a hard time pitching today with that enormous fork sticking out from between his shoulder blades.......

Red Sox take it 11-6. They're now 51-49 against the Yankees since the start of the 2003 season including the playoffs and 7-4 this season. A very telling stat: Boston has outscored New York 31-8 from the 7th inning on this season. New York's bullpen is awful and can only get worse if they keep getting used up like they have so far this year. Great game by Lowell, I hope Minky's okay.

Looks like Youkilis' hitting streak will end today. He did his job though with 3 walks and a run, I'm sure he'll gladly trade his streak for a win. The Yankees have used 12 pitchers in the 2 games so far as Torre continues to grind up his bullpen. Moose seemed to have a hard time pitching today with that enormous fork sticking out from between his shoulder blades.......

:lol: :lol: He's finished....

Where's all those GO YANKEES guys now? Yankees fans are the ultimate front runners. Anyone that would root for the Yankees would root for the house in blackjack. Anything less than a sweep was a disaster for the evil empire. Today's game established a few facts: 1) Mike "Moose" Mussina is done for this year as an effective major league pitcher. 2) The Yankees bullpen which was not good to begin with, is running on fumes and Torre keeps putting those guys out there 4 nights a week apiece. Not only are they not good but there is at least a 35% chance that one of their arms will actually detach itself from its body. 3)The Yankees don't scare anyone anymore. They don't even take up for each other, I don't think that this bunch of mercenaries even cares what happens. Did anyone see Lowell lower his head and just knock the crap out of Cano between first and second. What were the repercussions from that? NONE. If a Yankee had hit Pedroia like that there would have been a couple of Yankees batting with a baseball in their ribs. This bunch of Yankees has NO HEART. Outside of Jeter, Damon and Posada no one on this team cares about each other or what is happening to the team. The announcers openly admitted that the team was better off with Giambi on the DL. 4) Roger Clemens--nice call guys, where is your savior now? Andy doesn't look quite so happy. Good luck with that, first it would have been too much of a circus for him to start against the Red Sox (even though the guy has won over 330 games and is making about a million per start, he's too delicate to have to start on the road against the Sox--Yankees fans there's your season summed up in a nutshell) then he evidently strained his groin hanging out with A-Rod and his mystery blond at the Toronto strip clubs. It may be a more honorable way to bow out. After all the Red Sox AA club made him look ordinary last week, what would Papi, Manny, Youk and the Captain do to him? 5) How does it feel to spend about 1.5 million per game and not even make the playoffs? Hey at least you'll hold a couple of records at the end of this season--biggest playoff collapse of all time and biggest payroll to miss the playoffs.

Where's all those GO YANKEES guys now? Yankees fans are the ultimate front runners. Anyone that would root for the Yankees would root for the house in blackjack. Anything less than a sweep was a disaster for the evil empire. Today's game established a few facts: 1) Mike "Moose" Mussina is done for this year as an effective major league pitcher. 2) The Yankees bullpen which was not good to begin with, is running on fumes and Torre keeps putting those guys out there 4 nights a week apiece. Not only are they not good but there is at least a 35% chance that one of their arms will actually detach itself from its body. 3)The Yankees don't scare anyone anymore. They don't even take up for each other, I don't think that this bunch of mercenaries even cares what happens. Did anyone see Lowell lower his head and just knock the crap out of Cano between first and second. What were the repercussions from that? NONE. If a Yankee had hit Pedroia like that there would have been a couple of Yankees batting with a baseball in their ribs. This bunch of Yankees has NO HEART. Outside of Jeter, Damon and Posada no one on this team cares about each other or what is happening to the team. The announcers openly admitted that the team was better off with Giambi on the DL. 4) Roger Clemens--nice call guys, where is your savior now? Andy doesn't look quite so happy. Good luck with that, first it would have been too much of a circus for him to start against the Red Sox (even though the guy has won over 330 games and is making about a million per start, he's too delicate to have to start on the road against the Sox--Yankees fans there's your season summed up in a nutshell) then he evidently strained his groin hanging out with A-Rod and his mystery blond at the Toronto strip clubs. It may be a more honorable way to bow out. After all the Red Sox AA club made him look ordinary last week, what would Papi, Manny, Youk and the Captain do to him? 5) How does it feel to spend about 1.5 million per game and not even make the playoffs? Hey at least you'll hold a couple of records at the end of this season--biggest playoff collapse of all time and biggest payroll to miss the playoffs.

This Yankee fan is right here and is not going anywhere ;) . Maybe Yankee fans are front runners bc the Yankees have been front runners for so long and so many times they become accustomed to it. Maybe the fans of teams like the Red Sox are not used to winning an do not know how to handle their recent sucsesses with any class. Lets see Yankees have 27 WS championships, Red Sox have 1 :D . The Yankees have one many (not sure of the number) division titles including 9 in a row I believe., Red Sox - "0". If you are a red Sox fan (or pratically any other team for that matter) I realize that you have not been used to the sucsess that the Yanks have had through the years. Too worried about a mythical curse :rolleyes: :laugh: . I do believe that the Red Sox/Cry Sox will win their "1st" division title this year, thats right if they win this year makes 1. Imo the Sox are playing better than anyone in baseball right now and could very well win their "2nd" WS, thats right....... 2, not 27 :D So you see, me being a Yankee (and Reds) fan I feel that I have nothing to apologize for or a reason to jump ship. That honor is reserved for "other" teams and not one with the most honored tradition in all of baseball. I don't really mind the Yanks being called the "evil" empire", at least the people have it correct when they say "Empire" ;) Thanks for you heart felt concern though :lol:

YANKEE Nation / Pinstripes forever!!!!

Go Yankees!!!!!

There will be no "Band Wagon" jumping from this Yankee fan!!! I'll support them until the season ends. I am also a Bengal & Reds fan so I guess I can tolerate one bad year from the Yanks. Looking at it from that prospective it doesn't seem to bad.:lol:

Red Sox are having a great year and should be division champs but things can change after the break so I wouldn't break out the champagne so soon. Boston fans have lost with class for many years, surely they can do the same now that success in their grasp.

This Yankee fan is right here and is not going anywhere ;) . Maybe Yankee fans are front runners bc the Yankees have been front runners for so long and so many times they become accustomed to it. Maybe the fans of teams like the Red Sox are not used to winning an do not know how to handle their recent sucsesses with any class. Lets see Yankees have 27 WS championships, Red Sox have 1 :D . The Yankees have one many (not sure of the number) division titles including 9 in a row I believe., Red Sox - "0". If you are a red Sox fan (or pratically any other team for that matter) I realize that you have not been used to the sucsess that the Yanks have had through the years. Too worried about a mythical curse :rolleyes: :laugh: . I do believe that the Red Sox/Cry Sox will win their "1st" division title this year, thats right if they win this year makes 1. Imo the Sox are playing better than anyone in baseball right now and could very well win their "2nd" WS, thats right....... 2, not 27 :D So you see, me being a Yankee (and Reds) fan I feel that I have nothing to apologize for or a reason to jump ship. That honor is reserved for "other" teams and not one with the most honored tradition in all of baseball. I don't really mind the Yanks being called the "evil" empire", at least the people have it correct when they say "Empire" ;) Thanks for you heart felt concern though :lol:

:thumb: Nice Oldrambler, real nice!!!!!:thumb:

If you're going to talk about history at least have some idea of what you're talking about. :rolleyes: Boston has 6 World Series Titles, 11 American League Pennants and 6 Division Championships. The majority of the history between the Red Sox and the Yankees does go the Yankees way. However, the Yankee fans should keep in mind that his isn't the 20's or 30's--or even the 90's. Since John Henry and crew took over the Red Sox they have proven to be every bit the Yankees equal. Since the beginning of the 2003 season when the current management took over here's the score: Divisional Titles-Yankees 4, Red Sox 0. Overall Record-Red Sox 51, Yankees 49. World Series Titles-Red Sox 1, Yankees 0. Biggest Playoff Collapse of All Time-Yankees 1, Red Sox 0. The Red Sox are a well run organization now, they won't be going anywhere for awhile. If I were a Yankee fan I wouldn't be very comfortable right now. Once George passes on there's no successor in place. You may have to get used to looking up to the Sox in the standings.

If you're going to talk about history at least have some idea of what you're talking about. :rolleyes: Boston has 6 World Series Titles, 11 American League Pennants and 6 Division Championships. The majority of the history between the Red Sox and the Yankees does go the Yankees way. However, the Yankee fans should keep in mind that his isn't the 20's or 30's--or even the 90's. Since John Henry and crew took over the Red Sox they have proven to be every bit the Yankees equal. Since the beginning of the 2003 season when the current management took over here's the score: Divisional Titles-Yankees 4, Red Sox 0. Overall Record-Red Sox 51, Yankees 49. World Series Titles-Red Sox 1, Yankees 0. Biggest Playoff Collapse of All Time-Yankees 1, Red Sox 0. The Red Sox are a well run organization now, they won't be going anywhere for awhile. If I were a Yankee fan I wouldn't be very comfortable right now. Once George passes on there's no successor in place. You may have to get used to looking up to the Sox in the standings.

Very true!

:thumb: Point taken on the 6 Championships anmd others, still 21 short :D . I don't think that the Yankees will be looking up at the Red Sox for any extended length of time anytime soon.

JMO.

Yankees take 2 of 3 from Boston, A-Rod homers in the 9th then Rivera comes in and shuts the Sox middle of the order down for the win :ylsuper: . Gotta start somewhere, just maybe this was it.

It probably got you in the mix for the wildcard race.......:sleep: