Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

31 innings, and they're not done yet

Featured Replies

So while looking at a newspaper in Minnesota for any Tubby news, I came across this softball game article and was blown away, just had to share it. : )

 

Chaska and Mankato West will resume their remarkable battle for the Class 3A, Section 2 softball title at 6 p.m. today at Caswell Park in North Mankato.

They played 31 innings and seven hours on Thursday and nothing was settled.

 

The Hawks (22-4), coming out of the losers' bracket, needed to defeat the Scarlets to force a second game, and Chaska did 4-3 in 19 innings.

 

http://www.startribune.com/preps/story/1218994.html

Wow....and they have already played, 19 innings before.

While it doesn't say (or I missed it) I'm guessing the same pitcher has pitched all 31 innings.

  • Author
While it doesn't say (or I missed it) I'm guessing the same pitcher has pitched all 31 innings.

 

That's what I got from it as well. I just can't imagine playing a 19 inning game, turning around and playing another 12 plus right after.

Chaska knocked in the winning run in the 35th inning to win it 5-4. For the 2 games played Thursday and Friday, a total of 54 innings, the winning pitcher had 42 strikeouts and the losing one 29.

 

Amazing.

I was just checking this thread to see if they were still playing. :scared: :lol:

 

WOW!!! I have never heard of a game going on like this.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.