Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tyler Smith and UC

Featured Replies

I have heard that UC has communicated with Tyler Smith and trying to get him to hold off on going to another school, such as Tennessee, and give them some time.

UC is looking to clear a roster spot. If they can, they may just get him.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all about the waiver to play right away. The NCAA is being selective on location to his sick father. Memphis and UC are the leader if that wasn't the case. As it stands it's likely UT for this reason. I get the feeling a roster spot at UC isn't a huge problem right now...

If they land this kid, how strong does this make UC next year. Does it put them as a possible NCAA team for the tournament? He's proven he can play and with experience, he might be the need to compliment the big freshman center.

I think they are a tournament team without him.

 

They might very well be. I'm not that familiar with them.

If they land this kid, how strong does this make UC next year. Does it put them as a possible NCAA team for the tournament? He's proven he can play and with experience, he might be the need to compliment the big freshman center.

Don't forget they get former Burger Boy and Longhorn Mike Williams in at PF. Smith would make UC a very dangerous team next year. I'll believe it when it happens...

Don't forget they get former Burger Boy and Longhorn Mike Williams in at PF. Smith would make UC a very dangerous team next year. I'll believe it when it happens...

 

I didn't realize he was that good, I hope they get him (Smith) and I hope soon they renew the series with UK or UK renews the series with them which ever way it may be.

I didn't realize he was that good, I hope they get him (Smith) and I hope soon they renew the series with UK or UK renews the series with them which ever way it may be.

Mike is just a flat out hard worker on the court and great guy off it. I'm very excited to see his 2 seasons in Red and Black...

Mike is just a flat out hard worker on the court and great guy off it. I'm very excited to see his 2 seasons in Red and Black...

 

 

I watched his team's at Murray a couple times at MSU, they were very very well coached and played very hard and very aggressive. I'll also say their play reflected on how they were coached and watching him on the sideline i was very impressed with him.:thumb:

  • Author

IMO, people need to be patient with Williams. He will give UC a look they didn't have last year, but I don't think he is going to be that "difference maker" that some UC fans are making him out to be, at least not this soon.

I'm really going to make an effort to root for UC this year. Since Huggs left, I've stopped hating them, and I think I'm ready for the next step. :lol:

Mike is just a flat out hard worker on the court and great guy off it. I'm very excited to see his 2 seasons in Red and Black...

 

My favorite colors, maybe I should be a UC fan:D

  • Author
I watched his team's at Murray a couple times at MSU, they were very very well coached and played very hard and very aggressive. I'll also say their play reflected on how they were coached and watching him on the sideline i was very impressed with him.:thumb:

Not slamming Mick here, but MSU gutted the team after Mick left. There were a lot of off the court issues in Murray and there was a directive to get it cleaned up. Not that uncommon at MSU however.

I'm really going to make an effort to root for UC this year. Since Huggs left, I've stopped hating them, and I think I'm ready for the next step. :lol:

 

When he left is when I quit following them...

IMO, people need to be patient with Williams. He will give UC a look they didn't have last year, but I don't think he is going to be that "difference maker" that some UC fans are making him out to be, at least not this soon.

No doubt he's more a lunch pail type player. That's the biggest thing they were missing last year. It was so bad Barwin had to be that guy. Mike isn't a "star". He's a guy that makes a team better...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.