May 21, 200719 yr Author Or is that really Matt D's championship? 7 of top 8 scorers on the team were recruited by Matt. 10 players on the team were from Matty D's last team. That said it is Matt Dougherty 1 National title :lol: Roy:cry: still waiting to do it with his own players :irked: same as Tubby
May 21, 200719 yr its exactly the same. Neither have won a title with their own players... and Roy has had some incredibly talented teams
May 21, 200719 yr same as Tubby Really? I wasn't sure where he was going with that. Tubby isn't UK's coach anymore though so that doesn't hurt.
May 21, 200719 yr Or is that really Matt D's championship? 7 of top 8 scorers on the team were recruited by Matt. 10 players on the team were from Matty D's last team. That said it is Matt Dougherty 1 National title :lol: Roy:cry: still waiting to do it with his own players :irked: What was Matt Doherty's record in his last season in Chapel Hill? 19-16 (6-10.) Even though I don't belong to the group of people that think Tubby should mail Rick that ring, there's no comparison between the two cases.
May 21, 200719 yr What was Matt Doherty's record in his last season in Chapel Hill? 19-16 (6-10.) Even though I don't belong to the group of people that think Tubby should mail Rick that ring, there's no comparison between the two cases. You act as if Roy won it his first year at UNC....
May 21, 200719 yr You act as if Roy won it his first year at UNC....I was responding to the comparison. I meant to include Sportkid's post with that.
May 21, 200719 yr I was responding to the comparison. I meant to include Sportkid's post with that. Gotcha...:thumb:
May 21, 200719 yr Even though it was his second year, There was only one major contributor (M. Williams) that Roy recruited....and none of them started. Winning a title has not been a success that Roy has ever duplicated with his own players.
May 21, 200719 yr Even though it was his second year, There was only one major contributor (M. Williams) that Roy recruited....and none of them started. Winning a title has not been a success that Roy has ever duplicated with his own players....In the whole two years since he did it in 2005.:scared:
May 21, 200719 yr I was thinking more along the lines since he has started coaching. He had some AMAZING teams at Kansas that fell short.
May 21, 200719 yr I was thinking more along the lines since he has started coaching. He had some AMAZING teams at Kansas that fell short.So have plenty of other coaches at Kansas.
May 21, 200719 yr ok.... you are missing my point. Roy has not shown that he can win with his own players. He has had incredibly talented teams in the past that have faultered.
May 21, 200719 yr ok.... you are missing my point. Roy has not shown that he can win with his own players. He has had incredibly talented teams in the past that have faultered. 1) Lifetime record of 524-130 (best winning % of active coaches, coaching longer than 10 years.) 2) He's tied for 6th in all time touney wins with 42. 3) NCAA tourney winning percentage is .724 (4th best of active coaches.) Clearly he can win with his own players.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.