Owensboro Catholic 3 Beechwood 0

Congratulations to Owensboro Catholic on wiinig the 2007 All a State Championship.

Game 1 O Cath 6 Danville 5 in 9 innings I think. This game started Sat. and Danville was leading 5-0 with Witten on the mound and in control. Then the rains came and the game was resumed at 9 am on Sunday. Ryan Rogers struck out 11 and O Cath rallied to win in extra innings. A great effort by the Aces and a really tough break for the Ads. I am an O Cath fan but I felt sorry for Danville. These were the 2 best teams in it and they had to meet up in the first game.

Game 2 for Catholic saw freshman Cole Sturgeon take the mound and dominate Russelville throwing a complete game and striking out 12 giving up 4 hits. Catholic won 2-0. This kid has filthy stuff and kept Russlevilles hitters guessing all game.

The Championship game was O Cath. 3 Beechwood 0. Joe Divine took the hill for Cathoilc and took a no hiiter into the 6th, stiking out 12 and absolutley dominated the Tigers.

Just a great effort by O Cath. they caught some breaks and didn't allow a run in 20 straight innings on Sunday. Their pitching was dominant and there defense was very good.

Freshman Cole Sturgeon was named MVP. He was dominant on the mound and was spectacular in center field making several diving catches and one over the shoulder catch in the championship game.

Very proud of the Aces and their coaching staff.

Congratulations boys!!!!!!

Congrats to O-Cath on their All A win.

Tough luck for Danville on Saturday with the rain, but that's the breaks I guess. O-Cath had to come back and play on Sunday just like the Admirals and they worked their way out to erase a 5-0 defecit.

For those not at the O-Cath/Danville game that was postponed I would like to share something that most people might not get a chance to see. During the rain delay after the rain had stopped, both teams were out of the dugouts waiting for the grounds crews to go to work and get the field playable. During this time the two teams joined each other on the field and played a paper-rock-scissors tourney, they had dancing/skits going back and forth... it was really fun to watch the kids having a lot of fun.

Me, as well as others that I was with, thought this showed not only a lot of sportmanship between the two teams, but it also showed that these are kids out there playing a game, and regardless of what the score was or the fact that this was a huge game between two top-10 ranked teams, they were having a great time.

Cograts to O-Cath .They had to fight hard to get by Danville but handled it well .Good teams find a way to win.

I also want to say congrats to Beechwood .They were not even suppose to be there .After losing all but 1 starter and having only 1 senior on this years roster no one expected to see the defending champs make it back .The young Tigers made a good run in knocking off a senior loaded Cov Holy Cross ,then highly ranked Lexington Christian to even get to Applebees .I also thought they played pretty well in the championship .The errors were the difference .The Aces team speed put alot of pressure on the Tigers .

Who knows maybe we'll see you there next year .Best of luck the rest of the way .

Great game by both teams, Devine was dominant on the mound and IJames closed it out. Beechwood never could get the sticks going. Tough loss for Beechwood's pitcher (Hadden) when you give up just 1 earned run. The aces were the better team and they came out on top at the end. Congrats to all teams for making it such a great tournament.