8th Region Class A draw

I saw this on the boys thread and thought I would add it to this forum. Gallatin must be happy! CC vs Walton will be interesting as well as Trimble after that..

Girls Draw

Gallatin County vs. Williamstown

Emience plays the winner

Carroll County vs. Walton Verona

Trimble County plays the winner

I would say that both GC and Willamstown are happy. The winner of their game is almost assured (nothing is for sure other than death and taxes) a spot in the finals.

Coach Wilhoit returns everyone from his team and has to be excited with the draw. Word has it that Stith, West and Wilhoit are playing well in the open gyms and on their AAU teams. Also 7th grader to be, Courtney Sandlin is around 5'10" now and still growing. She had a career high of 15 points against Carroll Co. this past season as a 6th grader.

Coach Roberts will definately be in a re-building year. Christina Balsiger will be coming off her knee surgery and losing Taylor Wood, Megan Foster and Amanda Buttelwerth to graduation. The Lady Wildcats will have to step up.

Carroll County should be favored to win.

Games at Trimble County.

Coach Roberts will definitely be in a re-building year. Christina Balsiger will be coming off her knee surgery and losing Taylor Wood, Megan Foster and Amanda Buttelwerth to graduation. The Lady Wildcats will have to step up.

Carroll County should be favored to win.

Games at Trimble County.

Gallatin graduated some strong players but they do seem to have some talent coming up..This may be a re-building year for them.

As far as Williamstown, I still think they may be about 2 years away from a really strong showing..But they work hard but still just do not have the numbers at this time.

Trimble really needs a ball handler, I believe that they may have a tough time getting the ball up the court this year without their strong point guard that graduated. Walton is the real unknown, I believe that without Garcia they will struggle at the beginning of the year. But Hargett is probably one of the best players in our region this year so she could dominate the scoring for them.

Carroll will have a different game plan from last year but should be very quick and have a strong defensive game, they just have to find scoring without WB to give the ball to.

It will be a very different year with some exciting games. Maybe Summer ball at Trimble will give a good preview to this years teams.

I saw this on the boys thread and thought I would add it to this forum. Gallatin must be happy! CC vs Walton will be interesting as well as Trimble after that..

Girls Draw

Gallatin County vs. Williamstown

Emience plays the winner

Carroll County vs. Walton Verona

Trimble County plays the winner

Is this the All A draw for 2008 already? I'm not sure but this also looks like the All A that baseball just played if I remember the scores!!

Carroll-be interesting to see who does the scoring without Ballinger..They have the guard in Girdy to get the ball up the court but needs a supporting cast.

Gallatin-good young team, Ballsinger will be back from injury. No seniors next year, could put a good team together.

Trimble-lost a great shooter in Schirmer..Miller provides a great inside presence..Stewart's daughter provides a scoring threat..Have some young guards that can play..summer improvement will be a big key for them..Home court advantage.

Walton-Garcia's graduation leaves a hole in the middle..They have some young posts that could step up..Heeger is a good shooter..Hargett will be the leader of the team and the bulk scorer, but they need others to step up and contribute with Garcia gone.

Williamstown-loaded with young talent, could be the sleeper in this tournament..I look for them to make it to the championship.

Eminence-too young to compete

Prediction (worth about 2 cents)-Walton vs. Williamstown in final with Walton making it to Richmond.

Is this the All A draw for 2008 already? I'm not sure but this also looks like the All A that baseball just played if I remember the scores!!

I got this from the Boys Basketball site and yes it is for B-ball...I wish it were not so!

• 2 weeks later...
Carroll-be interesting to see who does the scoring without Ballinger..They have the guard in Girdy to get the ball up the court but needs a supporting cast.

Gallatin-good young team, Ballsinger will be back from injury. No seniors next year, could put a good team together.

Trimble-lost a great shooter in Schirmer..Miller provides a great inside presence..Stewart's daughter provides a scoring threat..Have some young guards that can play..summer improvement will be a big key for them..Home court advantage.

Walton-Garcia's graduation leaves a hole in the middle..They have some young posts that could step up..Heeger is a good shooter..Hargett will be the leader of the team and the bulk scorer, but they need others to step up and contribute with Garcia gone.

Williamstown-loaded with young talent, could be the sleeper in this tournament..I look for them to make it to the championship.

Eminence-too young to compete

Prediction (worth about 2 cents)-Walton vs. Williamstown in final with Walton making it to Richmond.

After watching Carroll Co. last season I look for Wallace, Osborne, and Girdy to take up the scoring from Ballinger. Also Curry, an incoming freshman, should make a presence underneath the basket. I look for Carroll to be better than people are thinking at this point.

After watching Carroll Co. last season I look for Wallace, Osborne, and Girdy to take up the scoring from Ballinger. Also Curry, an incoming freshman, should make a presence underneath the basket. I look for Carroll to be better than people are thinking at this point.

If Carroll can get points off of their defense, then yes they can be pretty good. I watched them shoot blanks in the regional tournament which put a doubt in my mind about a half court set. I am sure Coach Mefford will have them ready once the season starts though.

I like the Curry girl. I think she plays hard at all times and looks like she is having fun on the court. If she can get 2 or 3 more inches on her frame, she can be a presence. As an 8th grader, I think she ranks close to Wilhoit and West from Williamstown and Brooke Hill from Gallatin. There is some pretty good talent at that level.

Gallatin beat Carroll twice during the 8th grade year, so the future looks bright for the ladycats.

You are right Gator Fan the girls at GC are an athletic young group.

.however...the same CC girls won in the Fresh and JV tournament..they just could not get it together to come back and play 8th graade after playing varsity. I really like your incoming Fresh though...they seem to really like the game.

It all is development and coaching..I think they are all going to be fun to watch!

Gallatin County needs to learn to protect the ball. Period. All throughout last year, that was the achillies heel for the Lady Wildcats. A lot of passes were intercepted for fast break points for the opposing teams. In talking to Coach Roberts, she will be working on that with the girls over the summer. They will also have Christina Balsiger back from her knee injury also.

Amber Girdy impressed me from Carroll. She should have impressed everyone. Carroll will be strong. With Osborne shooting from the outside like she did last season, the Lady Panthers will be tough again this coming year.

Walton will be the other tough team. Lauren Hargett is finally a senior this year. Seems like I have watched her for 8 years now. She will lead Walton this year. Losing only Garcia to graduation, Walton will be strong.

Williamstown is young and growing. They will be a force if not this year, in the next couple.

Trimble will have to make up for losing Laci Schirmer. They were tough last year. coach Stewart will have the girls prepared.

Owen being out of the All "A" really leaves things open.

I'm going to say Gallatin/Carroll in the finals. I think Williamstown is a year away yet and Carroll is too quick for Walton.