Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gillispie's scholarship mania...

Featured Replies

Billy Gillispie's scholarship mania:

 

If Kentucky fills the rest of their scholarships this season, they will only have two next year with Crawford and Bradley graduating. Scout.com is reporting that Gillispie has offered atleast 6 scholarships to players for the '08 class, and will be seven with an offer to Willie Warren, but there appears to be more.

 

***** Brandon Jennings, PG. #1 overall PG, player.

***** Willie Warren, SG. #4 overall SG. (Rivals says offered, Scout doesn't.)

***** J'Covan Brown, SG. #5 overall SG.

***** Darius Miller, SF. #5 overall SF.

***** Drew Gordon, PF. #6 overall PF.

**** Kevin Jones, PF. #9 overall PF.

**** Beas Hamga, C. #4 overall C.

**** DeAndre Liggins. #10 overall SF.

** Tyler Zeller, PF. NR overall PF.

(6'10 PF with offers from Kentucky, Indiana, Georgia Tech, Arizona, Minnesota, & more.)

Looks to me like he's offering on a first come first serve basis with the hopes we are not gonna have to settle for subpar recruits.

Tubby was supposedley trying the first come/first serve thing with this 2007 class and that didn't work out too well... Hopefully that goes better under the new regime.

I think it is smart, instead of waiting on players like Patterson to decide till the very last day...

  • Author
I think we might have at least one scholarship from this year that we don't use and save until next year.

 

I agree with you. Either we get just Sanchez, or Lucas/Sanchez or Lucas/Patterson. I think we land Sanchez and have the three for next season, unless someone transfers.

I agree with you. Either we get just Sanchez, or Lucas/Sanchez or Lucas/Patterson. I think we land Sanchez and have the three for next season, unless someone transfers.

 

If Sanchez accepts then Patterson and Lucas are out I would think. Lucas isn't coming with Sanchez and Patterson isn't comeing with Sanchez.

  • Author
If Sanchez accepts then Patterson and Lucas are out I would think. Lucas isn't coming with Sanchez and Patterson isn't comeing with Sanchez.

 

I think that Patterson and Lucas are a package, like they have said, but then said that they will do whats best for themselves. I would be very happy with Sanchez.

I think that Patterson and Lucas are a package, like they have said, but then said that they will do whats best for themselves. I would be very happy with Sanchez.

 

I would be very happy with him as well. It's going to be interesting to see how this Hamga kid plays out, if he's this year or next year. I also notice that Scout no longer has the Green kid from Michigan as vervaled to UK. He now has other schools listed and Minn. beeing one of them. I'd rather not have him and use that Scholarship on a different recruit.

  • Author
I would be very happy with him as well. It's going to be interesting to see how this Hamga kid plays out, if he's this year or next year. I also notice that Scout no longer has the Green kid from Michigan as vervaled to UK. He now has other schools listed and Minn. beeing one of them. I'd rather not have him and use that Scholarship on a different recruit.

 

Yeah, he decommited when Tubby left. I, too, would rather use it on someone else. My gut is telling me that Hamga will stay in the '08 class, and if he does, I don't think Gillispie will offer for next year, just my opinion.

Billy Gillispie's scholarship mania:

 

If Kentucky fills the rest of their scholarships this season, they will only have two next year with Crawford and Bradley graduating. Scout.com is reporting that Gillispie has offered atleast 6 scholarships to players for the '08 class, and will be seven with an offer to Willie Warren, but there appears to be more.

 

***** Brandon Jennings, PG. #1 overall PG, player.

***** Willie Warren, SG. #4 overall SG. (Rivals says offered, Scout doesn't.)

***** J'Covan Brown, SG. #5 overall SG.

***** Darius Miller, SF. #5 overall SF.

***** Drew Gordon, PF. #6 overall PF.

**** Kevin Jones, PF. #9 overall PF.

**** Beas Hamga, C. #4 overall C.

**** DeAndre Liggins. #10 overall SF.

** Tyler Zeller, PF. NR overall PF.

(6'10 PF with offers from Kentucky, Indiana, Georgia Tech, Arizona, Minnesota, & more.)

I believe there has been very little contact with Gordon since BCG has been here.

I'd heard that as well... Thinking Gordon's about to write UK off.

  • Author
I'd heard that as well... Thinking Gordon's about to write UK off.

 

I agree, I think both Gordon and Kevin Jones aren't really targets of Gillispie, but both had offers from Kentucky, which came from Tubby.

 

Do recruits still have those "offers" even if the coach leaves?

Scout does not have Draymond Green listed as having an offer... Not sure how that works.

I agree, I think both Gordon and Kevin Jones aren't really targets of Gillispie, but both had offers from Kentucky, which came from Tubby.

 

Do recruits still have those "offers" even if the coach leaves?

I'm sure it is implied that a new coach would need to personally offer again and let them know of their interest. Since there has been little contact, surely the kid can figure out the offer is not still on the table.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.