May 6, 200719 yr Well, another season has passed, and I've already started to long for the next opening day in April. And my whole hope for this season was to get my midget his first turkey and alas, we'll look to fall to make it happen. He actually had a 15yd shot yesterday on a turkey that came in to the immediate left of our set up as we waited for a turkey to come up the hill and this one snuck in on us. We tried to move him to get the shot, he did and just was in an awkward position as he pulled the trigger. I thought he got it done because the turkey flew into a tree and immediatly fell out, but he just must have been "nicked" because his legs got him out of Dodge in a hurry. That's 2 misses in 2 seasons. Oh, well!! He's not nearly as depressed as his old man. I'm so tore up about it that I am booking a trip for us the first of April next Spring in Texas,,,,that will make me feel better!:lol: Tough break for the young hunter Doc. I bet if you ask him he will say he had a great time and I know you did. Now that he has had to work so hard for his turkey he will appreciate it more when he takes the first one. Tell him not to feel so bad, I know a guy that has hunted turkey for over 30 years and he has not taken a bird in the last three Springs he has hunted:cry: Congrats to you for taking your son hunting and spending some quality time with him in Gods great outdoors. You have done well my friend..:thumb:
May 6, 200719 yr Also, congratulations to YAKOFNORWEGIA, his little YAK got his first bird this morning before church. Jake for his Jake!!! :thumb: That is fantastic..!!! Congratulations to little Yak and to Poppa Yak for caring enough to allow his son to tag along.
July 2, 200719 yr :thumb: That is fantastic..!!! Congratulations to little Yak and to Poppa Yak for caring enough to allow his son to tag along. Thanks. Nothing like hearing him say "Dad, there he is" There were two jakes and a Tom that came looking. The old one figured it out real quick, but the jakes were not as sharp. It was truly exciting and I thank God for the opportunity to share that with my little one.
July 2, 200719 yr Thanks. Nothing like hearing him say "Dad, there he is" There were two jakes and a Tom that came looking. The old one figured it out real quick, but the jakes were not as sharp. It was truly exciting and I thank God for the opportunity to share that with my little one. :thumb: Welcome back!!! and once again Congrats to you and your new lifetime hunting partner.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.