Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Turkey season start...

Featured Replies

SATURDAY:banana:

 

Everyone just remember....untie it from the tree after you shoot it. Less chance it can fly away.:D

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just kidding...wanted to wish good luck to everyone that's going.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be off work for 9 days of pure frustration, well I hope its not all frustration. But I will be out there hunting the wild turkey.

 

This is who we are looking for his name is "Tom", however he answers to cluck, cluck, cluck. He has a beard, is over weight, he has been known to hang out with an accomplice "Jake", and should be considered armed and dangerous. Shoot to kill.

pg-turkey.jpg

Man, I need to take up the sport. We went to my inlaws last Saturday in Elliot Co. As soon as we got out of the car I heard a gobble up the hill in the woods. It sent shivers up my spine.

I am pumped. I'm going to take 1/2 day Friday to get my bow tuned up and ready to go. I haven't shot it much since deer season. It is suppose to rain all weekend here but hopefully it won't be Saturday morning.

I went scouting this morning and had a great day. I heard 5 different gobblers, saw three longbeards with no girlfriends around anywhere. Of course as the location in my avatar says, "Roosted ain't Roasted", but I do have a good feeling about opening day.

Good luck to everyone and have a safe hunt.

I am pumped. I'm going to take 1/2 day Friday to get my bow tuned up and ready to go. I haven't shot it much since deer season. It is suppose to rain all weekend here but hopefully it won't be Saturday morning.

You get props from me for hunting turkeys with a bow.:thumb:

I have hunted turkey many years and IMO to take a turkey with a bow would be the ultimate challenge.

Good luck and I hope you take the biggest bird in the county (unless you hunt the same county as I am):lol:

Thanks cville. Same to you.

 

I scouted a new place the other day but didn't hear or see any. It was pretty windy though.

Thanks cville. Same to you.

 

I scouted a new place the other day but didn't hear or see any. It was pretty windy though.

This morning was the best day I have had for hearing birds. They were very vocal and didn't seem to have any hens with them. I am sure that will change in a few days. It should be in the prime breeding period. I did see a lone hen on a different ridge that acted as if she was beginning to nest. I thought it was way to early in the season but it did get unusually warm for a couple of weeks so I guess it could be possible.

This morning was the best day I have had for hearing birds. They were very vocal and didn't seem to have any hens with them. I am sure that will change in a few days. It should be in the prime breeding period. I did see a lone hen on a different ridge that acted as if she was beginning to nest. I thought it was way to early in the season but it did get unusually warm for a couple of weeks so I guess it could be possible.

 

I've been out scouting several times and only heard hens clucking, I have yet to here a gobbler this year. I have noticed several hens in different places, so it looks like they are still broken up and have not come together yet, that should be good come Saturday.

 

good luck cville.

I've been out scouting several times and only heard hens clucking, I have yet to here a gobbler this year. I have noticed several hens in different places, so it looks like they are still broken up and have not come together yet, that should be good come Saturday.

 

good luck cville.

Good luck to you also:thumb:

If they were not very vocal in your area, it may be because they already had hens with them. The birds I watched this morning had no hens either and I also saw a couple of lone hens. All the gobbling occured right after daylight and continued until around 7:40. I did see a flock of gobblers and hens together in a field on my drive home.

I hope you are right and they stay broken for a few more days. The biggest factor may be the weather.

Have a safe hunt.

PS... Is your son going with you?

Good luck to you also:thumb:

If they were not very vocal in your area, it may be because they already had hens with them. The birds I watched this morning had no hens either and I also saw a couple of lone hens. All the gobbling occured right after daylight and continued until around 7:40. I did see a flock of gobblers and hens together in a field on my drive home.

I hope you are right and they stay broken for a few more days. The biggest factor may be the weather.

Have a safe hunt.

PS... Is your son going with you?

 

Good luck. I took my son out youth weekend, without success. I am not taking him out the first weekend, but I plan to take him out the second weekend, hopefully he will have better success then.

  • Author
Good luck. I took my son out youth weekend, without success. I am not taking him out the first weekend, but I plan to take him out the second weekend, hopefully he will have better success then.

 

 

If it's nasty this weekend like they say, I've always had the best luck hunting fields.

If it's nasty this weekend like they say, I've always had the best luck hunting fields.

 

Yea, that's my plan. Me and two guys from work and one of their fathers are going to hunt a large field with hardwoods around it, so if the weather is good we will have more options, and if its raining we can hunt the field.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.