Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Austin Hill wins POY...

Featured Replies

From the KY post today...

 

Austin Hill has been carrying a secret with him while starring for the Holmes High School boys' basketball team the last three seasons, two of which produced berths in the Sweet 16.

 

"I've always wanted to be player of the year," Hill said. "That means people who see you play think you're the best. And when you play, you always want to be the best."

 

Hill was the best in 2006-07, according to local coaches, who voted him Northern Kentucky Boys' High School Basketball Player of the Year.

 

http://news.kypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070409/SPT0402/704090318/1026/NEWS02

  • Author

I think this is the KY Post POY and all star team selection...

 

Name, school Pos. Yr.

Austin Hill, Holmes F Sr.

Todd Jacobs, CovCath G Sr.

Corey Pelle, Silver Grove G Sr.

Josh Hurd, SK C Sr.

Zack Kiernan, NewCath C Sr.

Troy Cooper, Brossart C Sr.

Mike Hester, SK G Sr.

Nic Simpson, Highlands G Jr.

Greg Rice, Holmes F Sr.

Brandon Lenhof, St. Henry G Sr.

Nate Sharp, Scott G Sr.

Jimmy Uebel, Brossart F Sr.

 

PLAYER OF THE YEAR - Austin Hill, Holmes.

 

COACH OF THE YEAR - Mike Code, Brossart

Arrez Henderson not being on this team is an absolute joke.

I totally agree. Henderson is definately a top 6 player in N. KY. I thought he rally carried Holmes in the regionals.

MVP of the ninth region tourney, locks down the Profit kid who is going to a Big East school and is not on this team. I hope there was a two player per team limit.

From a close source, there was no limit. Holmes should have had 3 players on the team, no doubt.

Congrats to Austin.:thumb:

I think this is the KY Post POY and all star team selection...

 

Name, school Pos. Yr.

Austin Hill, Holmes F Sr.

Todd Jacobs, CovCath G Sr.

Corey Pelle, Silver Grove G Sr.

Josh Hurd, SK C Sr.

Zack Kiernan, NewCath C Sr.

Troy Cooper, Brossart C Sr.

Mike Hester, SK G Sr.

Nic Simpson, Highlands G Jr.

Greg Rice, Holmes F Sr.

Brandon Lenhof, St. Henry G Sr.

Nate Sharp, Scott G Sr.

Jimmy Uebel, Brossart F Sr.

 

PLAYER OF THE YEAR - Austin Hill, Holmes.

 

COACH OF THE YEAR - Mike Code, Brossart

 

Many of you know that I've been promoting TJ on here for 3 years now. He's one of my all-time favorites.

 

However, I'll take Arrez and you can pick any player on the above list and I'll take my chances.

Arrez Henderson not being on this team is an absolute joke.

 

Absolutely correct. I'd have him Arrez in my top 5. Shame on the Post.

I'll take Arrez and you can pick any player on the above list and I'll take my chances.

 

:thumb: my thinking exactly, that list looks to be composed of all seniors and Arrez is only a Junior so maybe that had something to do with it.

Nic Simpson was named so that negates the senior only idea. Can't understand leaving Arrez off the team. He has a chance to be the POY next year and was certainly one of the best in the 9th this year IMO.

  • Author

I thought the same thing when I didn't see Arrez on the list, but didn't want to say anything.

 

Also I think Maile or Grimes of CCH were well deserving of being on this list as well.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.