Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jacob Jenkins

Featured Replies

What are some thoughts on this young rising star? UK bound?

I had a chacne to see him play this year and I wasnt very impressed. I think that is a little overrated right now. He has the potential to be good, but the game I saw he did not really show me much. Good Luck to Jacob on the upcoming seasons.

Who is he?

Who is he?

DuPont Manual junior-to-be. I'm not sure about UK bound but apparently he has improved tremendously this season.

Does he play AAU with anyone?

Yes.

Do you know who with?

Not a clue :D

Story and link below...

 

Plenty of Interest in '09 Guard Jacob Jenkins By John Decker

 

Bloomington, Ind.

 

The 6

Trying again. For some reason it won't post. The story is on scout.com. The story reported Jenkins scoring 35 points to lead his team in an AAU event championship game and getting interest from schools such as IU. Also talked about his successful high school season and his upcoming summer. Very nice piece.

 

Plenty of Interest in '09 Guard Jacob Jenkins By John Decker

Posted Apr 2, 2007

 

Bloomington, Ind.

I have watched this kid play since he was very young. He has played for what I call some not-so idealistic coaches in his middle school AAU program which I feel has put him at a disadvantage at this point. Shows some good aspects of the game but listens to too many people telling him he is the best in Louisville. He has made great strides since he has been at Manual. This is an important summer for him. Hopefully he gets some good coaching this summer and stays away from all the neysayers.

I have watched this kid play since he was very young. He has played for what I call some not-so idealistic coaches in his middle school AAU program which I feel has put him at a disadvantage at this point. Shows some good aspects of the game but listens to too many people telling him he is the best in Louisville. He has made great strides since he has been at Manual. This is an important summer for him. Hopefully he gets some good coaching this summer and stays away from all the neysayers.

 

Some very good points. Jenkins does appear to be doing some things right though. Last summer was a big summer for him and college coaches started to take notice. Put up big numbers while playing up a couple of levels in the 16 and 17 under events in Myrtle Beach, Las Vegas, and Los Angelas against elite competition including a couple of games at 35+. Went to an elite Five Star Camp in Pittsburgh and made the Orange/White allstar game and was voted top soph. Averaged 17 ppg and nearly 7 boards per game in the 7th while helping his team turnaround a 12 - 14 season to end 18 - 10 after losing 4 senior starters. Had some strong game performances against teams such as Ballard where he scored 24 points and had Manual in it til the 4th and a 27 point game where he helped Manual defeat Doss. Was the only soph on both All District and 7th All Region tourney teams and made All Region in one of the toughest regions in the state. From what I understand, the list of D1 schools interested has contined to grow and has a couple of offers now. All in all, not bad for a 15 year old sophomore. Hopefully he will get some better coaching and continue to work hard and he can continue to improve over the next two years. Let's let him get his driver's license first.

Does he play AAU with anyone?

 

 

Yes, the 16U Derek Smith All Stars - saw him play this weekend at the Simon Kenton Invitational. He's the real deal. Also, I think the son of Jeff Hall, another UL player on the '86 team, plays on that team. Cameron Hall must be playing up because I think he's only a freshman. However, he can fill it up and shoot the threes!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.