KY/OH Allstar Game

There is such a Tournament and it's called the Bluegrass/Buckeye Charity Classic and it's hosted by CovCath and played at NKU.

Ohio Division (4) State Champion Georgetown 65 vs. St. Henry 54

Roger Bacon 49 vs. Cov Holy Cross 67

Cin Oak Hills 34 vs. Bishop Brossart 46

Anderson 50 vs. Highlands 44

Ohio Division (1) State Runner-up Cin St. X 46 vs. CovCath 44

Not too bad of a tournament when you have one of Ohio's State Champions and a Runner-up playing in it....

CovCath was very good this year and Brossart was decent but I wouldn't exactly call St Henry, Cov Holy Cross, and Highlands state powers.

Very entertaining evening. I have only 1 ...well 2 knocks about the whole event. It would help if the program had the players' numbers in them so you could keep track of who was who. Since these guy/gals are the All-stars and the reason for the evening to begin with, it would only enhance things if you could follow along and know who was who. As much as I follow high school basketball, there were still a significant number of players that I had never seen play before. You might say..."That's what the P.A. guy is for". That's kind of my 2nd knock. The sound system at Thomas Moore is awful. It sounded like the adults on a Charlie Brown episode. WAAAA WAAAA WAAAA WAAAAHHHH. For $12.00...get those things straight and you have a perfect deal. All in all though, it's still great to see all that talent in one place in one night!!! Clark Kellogg was even there watching his son Alex play for the Ohio All-stars!!!

Guest American Skier

I was also at the game. The fans were really into the game. Great for an all star game. This was the first time I got to see Pettiegrew play, and was I impressed. He has a thick body; and great hands; Good rebounder and a great offensive game. I think he is a major D1 talent. I talked the coach for the Ky team and he said Gillispie had already showed interest!! This kid could definitely play at UK!!!

It was 12 to get in, and it was worth it. Ohio won 105-104, Dante Jackson is the real deal, hit a game winner with 5 sec left. Hill Pettiegrew and Jacobs played well for team Ky

Stats for the game:

Kentucky - Proffitt 0 4 4, Hill 5 2 12, Brooks 3 0 6, Coleman 5 1 11, Pettigrew 11 2 26, Jones 1 2 4, Lewis 1 0 2, Hamilton 4 4 12, Benson 4 0 8, Benock 1 0 2, Jacobs 6 1 13, Clark 1 0 2, Hurd 1 0 2. Totals: 43 16 104.

Good to see both Hill and Jacobs represented NKY well. Profitt with only 4 points........

Stats for the game:

Kentucky - Proffitt 0 4 4, Hill 5 2 12, Brooks 3 0 6, Coleman 5 1 11, Pettigrew 11 2 26, Jones 1 2 4, Lewis 1 0 2, Hamilton 4 4 12, Benson 4 0 8, Benock 1 0 2, Jacobs 6 1 13, Clark 1 0 2, Hurd 1 0 2. Totals: 43 16 104.

Good to see both Hill and Jacobs represented NKY well. Profitt with only 4 points........

I was told by multiple people at the game that Todd Jacobs from CovCath was not even on the team. It is the Jacobs boy from Trinity.

I was told by multiple people at the game that Todd Jacobs from CovCath was not even on the team. It is the Jacobs boy from Trinity.

Tanner Jacobs from Trinity played a real nice game. First time I've seen him play and I was very impressed. Whatever college gets him gets a real nice deal. He's a real workhorse and an exciting player to watch!!! :thumb:

Tanner Jacobs from Trinity played a real nice game. First time I've seen him play and I was very impressed. Whatever college gets him gets a real nice deal. He's a real workhorse and an exciting player to watch!!! :thumb:

I believe they said Kensathew St.sp? , and yes they are getting one hell of a player.

I was also at the game. The fans were really into the game. Great for an all star game. This was the first time I got to see Pettiegrew play, and was I impressed. He has a thick body; and great hands; Good rebounder and a great offensive game. I think he is a major D1 talent. I talked the coach for the Ky team and he said Gillispie had already showed interest!! This kid could definitely play at UK!!!

Friday night, Pettigrew also won the 3 point shooting contest among the Ky boys, and was runner up overall.

He was also the overall 1 on 1 winner

271732343208.jpeg