Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

About the Gator faithful

Featured Replies

Im just speaking as a fan who isnt from Lexington. I would spend a hefty amount to go see the cats in a final four or national championship game because I grew up on Kentucky basketball. It's imbedded in my DNA.

 

However, if the football team were playing in a big game, I would be very pround of them. I wouldnt call off from work and travel with the team. I would watch the game at home and hope they won. I'd rather have that money to spend a little extra around christmas time or maybe a vacation.

 

How many of us on this site can say that we are as die hard about the football team as we are the basketball team ? Not calling anyone out, just seriously wondering. Would you be willing to dish out the money to watch the football team the way many do for the basketball team ?

 

Yes...I would support the football every bit as much...I'm a UK fan, not just a UK basketball fan...

Giving even more credence to why Donovan would want to take the UK job...

 

I can't disagree with that. Were I a college hoops coach, and knowing my king-sized ego, I would have a hard time dealing with being an afterthought at my own school.

There was a big celebration down in Gainesville, one of my best friends went there for it.

There was a big celebration down in Gainesville, one of my best friends went there for it.

Define big.

This backs up what everyone already knows. UF and Donovan could go on to break J. Woodens/UCLA's all time consecutive and NC title marks and they would still be #2 at their own school/community/fan base. Football at UF will always be #1.

Note to Florida officials:

 

The next time the Gators are playing a regional final for a spot in the Final Four please carry the game on a few radio stations. I was 40 miles from Gainesville last week when they were playing Oregon, and was finally able to pick the game up on an AM station that didn't come in very good. It seemed like every station we turned to had a Nascar race on it. What a way to promote such a great basketball team.:rolleyes:

If it had been their football team it would have been on 30 stations.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.