April 4, 200719 yr You know I think its tough luck for him, but if Pitino would have stayed at UK IMO, he would be a solid top 5 guy right now. Dont get me wrong, I dont think we would be like 96-98 every year, but we would have some great teams!
April 4, 200719 yr Top 5 All Time: 1) John Woodern- Simply knew how to win. 10 championships, 88 game win streak during his tenure, 7 straight title 2) Pat Summit- All time winningest coach. 7 National Titles , 27 appearances in the NCaa tourney in 33 years, 17 Final Four appearances 3) Bobby Knight- All Time winningest coach on the Men's side. 3 National Titles 4) Dean Smith- 2nd all time in wins (men's side) , 2 national championships, 11 final fours 5) Adolph Rupp- 3rd all time winningest coach on the men's side, 4 national titles Keep in mind that Coach K will likely only fall short to Wooden's national titles....of the men on your list.
April 4, 200719 yr I guess those double digit loss season at Michigan State and dUKe not making a sweet 16 in the last 5 NCAA's don't take Coach K and Coach Izzo down a notch, right? Where do you do your research...I have already blown your invalid post out of the water once...let's do it one more time... VCU beating Duke this season, ended a 9 year straight run to the Sweet 16, that included 3 Final Fours, and one championship...please do not post something so far off again...oh yeah...Coach K's double digit loss season this year...was his second in the last 23 years :sssh:
April 4, 200719 yr Keep in mind that Coach K will likely only fall short to Wooden's national titles....of the men on your list. Likely or hopefully? I dont see it coming in the near future or until Coach K recruits him some big men.
April 4, 200719 yr Well...if he wins one more title....all that's left is the wins...and they are coming...and Duke is sitting nice recruit wise.
April 4, 200719 yr That's what 26 wins per season at UK does for you and he was 7th quickest coach to 350 wins. I guess those double digit loss season at Michigan State and dUKe not making a sweet 16 in the last 5 NCAA's don't take Coach K and Coach Izzo down a notch, right? Did Coach Roy Williams win his only title w/players recruited to UNC by Matt Doughtery, he certainly did. Come on, be realistic! Yea get your research right dude before you go and start hailing how much better a coach Tubby is than Coach K. I guess putting Kentucky in its longest drought without reaching a final four is being a top 10 coach. Tubby couldn't get it done at Kentucky (aka. The Mecca of College Basketball) we will see how he does coaching those Golden Gophers, that's more on his level.
April 5, 200719 yr You have Tubby in ur top 15? Are you serious ? This is a coach who has made double digit loss seasons at Kentucky a constant trend. I think you need to re-think that one. He won one championship with Pitino's players? Tubby is an underachiever. Here we go again!:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
April 5, 200719 yr Im not sure, So can someone tell me what was Rupps longest final four Drought? I believe it's the same as now.
April 5, 200719 yr Yea get your research right dude before you go and start hailing how much better a coach Tubby is than Coach K. I guess putting Kentucky in its longest drought without reaching a final four is being a top 10 coach. Tubby couldn't get it done at Kentucky (aka. The Mecca of College Basketball) we will see how he does coaching those Golden Gophers, that's more on his level. :thumb: :ylsuper:
April 5, 200719 yr I believe it's the same as now. No this was our longest drought since the NCAA Tournament began. So look up the info before you question me.
April 5, 200719 yr No this was our longest drought since the NCAA Tournament began. So look up the info before you question me. Let me ask you something...did I question you...or try to answer a question? That's right, the latter. Thanks for playing :sssh:
April 5, 200719 yr Let me ask you something...did I question you...or try to answer a question? That's right, the latter. Thanks for playing :sssh: You were wrong I was right.........Thanks for playing!!!!! :flame: :sssh:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.