Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 South Laurel

Featured Replies

What does South Laurel need to do to improve in 2007? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

They need to play a little defense to improve.

The defense MUST improve. The line has to get stronger. They have to find some go to receivers with the WR's they have lost the past few seasons to give Bowling more targets to throw to.

Hey Noles:

 

Come on North fans show some love for your Jags. No posts in 24 hours. This lack of empathy for this program is the problem. Your cross town rivals would have filled up one page of posts in 24 hours. Show that you know that you have a football team. Your kids deserve a little interest.

 

What gives?

Hey Noles:

 

 

 

What gives?

Maybe,yourself,Mountain Thunder and me are the only ones who care about Laurel County football. Both schools have turned out some good players the last couple of years and have potential to have good teams next year. I don't understand the lack of support at either school.

Is the QB bowling coming back next season? He was pretty good throwing the ball.

Maybe,yourself,Mountain Thunder and me are the only ones who care about Laurel County football. Both schools have turned out some good players the last couple of years and have potential to have good teams next year. I don't understand the lack of support at either school.

 

I am disappointed that neither team is gathering as much support as these kids deserve. There have been several kids from both schools move on to the next level (Cessna & Hibbard to UK, Blair to Georgetown, Marcum to Troy State, Collins and Boroviak to Morehead State, etc). But unfortunately, fairweather fans don't come out when the teams are losing more than they win. I hope that with the new districts, they can both turn a corner this season.

Is the QB bowling coming back next season? He was pretty good throwing the ball.

 

As far as I know. He will be a junior.

What is South's schedule for the 2007 season?

What is South's schedule for the 2007 season?

 

It's not posted yet, but I'll see what I can remember ...

 

Pulaski Co.

Southwestern

Mercer Co.

Lincoln Co.

North Laurel

Corbin

(for sure)

 

and I seem to recall seeing Lynn Camp and Whitley on the docket also, but I can't remember after that.

I figure for South to improve on offense next year, but they're going to need some people step up to replace key guys like Hibbard and Ledford and Baker on a defense that already struggled. The line must also improve tremendously, because Bowling didn't get a lot of time in the pocket this past year.

 

The good thing is that I can foresee big improvements for a lot of young guys who got a baptism under fire this year. If they learn well from it, they could have a good year. A healthy Cody Quinn could do wonders for Bowling in giving him another weapon.

I went and watched South Laurel's Spring game Thursday night. The offense and Defense looked very well. I think the Bowling kid threw for like 4 touchdowns and looked very poised. The defense looked most improved, forcing a few turnovers and bringing the wood on every play. I heard the Bowling kid was invited to the Nike Elite QB Camp in Atlanta on Friday. One of the coaches told me that he performed very well. I don't know much about this combine, I know the Nike Combine where all positions are invited, but I was told this was for Qb's only. I thought that was pretty good for just a sophomore. The coach told me that there were a lot of big time schools there evaluating all the Qb's, which totaled about 50. Does anyone know about this type of combine?

I would make a comment here, but suffice to say, I agree with Mountain Thunder, completely; he knows from whence he speaks

It's not posted yet, but I'll see what I can remember ...

 

Pulaski Co.

Southwestern

Mercer Co.

Lincoln Co.

North Laurel

Corbin

(for sure)

 

and I seem to recall seeing Lynn Camp and Whitley on the docket also, but I can't remember after that.

 

 

Anyone know for sure South Laurel's '07 schedule?

To start with, who do they meet in this year's Cumberland Valley Bowl?

Anyone know for sure South Laurel's '07 schedule?

To start with, who do they meet in this year's Cumberland Valley Bowl?

 

They play Valley.

SL 2007 schedule.JPG

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.