OH/KY all star game

It would be nice to see all the NKY bball fans come to watch these talented kids play maybe for the last time in our area. Last yrs games were great, Friday night is a lot of fun w/the dunk contest and the 3 pt contest.

Come and fill Thomas More, there are some kids playing going to some big time programs. It would be even better for the entire state to support this game as well.

According to guru: http://www.oh-kyallstargame.com

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Queen not invited to this one either? If not that's ridiculous!

Let's not turn this into another 16th region she shoulda coulda thread. I don't know who all is invited to this, however, I do know that it is an expense to the player to come and play. This could turn some kids away, I would imagine. They do get to keep the uniform, a pullover? and a couple T's, I think but it is still something that comes out of mom and dads' pocket.

I sure hope the roster will increase!

I understand what you are saying Scooterbob, however the list that KY has looks like some of the best basketball players in Kentucky. Some names are missing but I would think that it will fill out soon.

I can't argue with that. There is not much quantity but there is a lot of quality.

Yes, Emily has been invited, but she may be in South Carolina at the time. Plans will be finalized within a day or so.

Anyone wanting to send a check for $250 to cover her sponsorship can PM me for an address!!!;):D

Queen was invited. She declined because she is going on a trip with her family that weekend.

If there are players that you think were deserving that are not on the roster, chances are that they were invited but declined. That weekend is Easter weekend and also Spring Break week for many school systems.

PM me if you have a question. I can answer them all about the players selected. However, I do not feel that is appropriate to reveal if a player was a "1st 15 pick" or an "alternate". The fact is that the committee had a list of about 40 players rank-ordered by position and thats how players are invited.

FYI to answer a few other posts:

Players are required to get a sponsor because all game proceeds go to CHARITY.............It is a CHARITY GAME. However, it is not yet as big as the KY-IND game and some financial assistance is needed. The kids are housed and fed and get about $300 worth of gear to keep. I hate it when anyone is misinformed.............

Does it say anywhere on the website about the cost of admission?

I am thinking of taking a few girls and I am trying to find out how much it will cost me. I see where the Slam Jam is free..but not the costs on the actual games.

I am probably just missing it..help

Queen was invited. She declined because she is going on a trip with her family that weekend.

If there are players that you think were deserving that are not on the roster, chances are that they were invited but declined. That weekend is Easter weekend and also Spring Break week for many school systems.

PM me if you have a question. I can answer them all about the players selected. However, I do not feel that is appropriate to reveal if a player was a "1st 15 pick" or an "alternate". The fact is that the committee had a list of about 40 players rank-ordered by position and thats how players are invited.

FYI to answer a few other posts:

Players are required to get a sponsor because all game proceeds go to CHARITY.............It is a CHARITY GAME. However, it is not yet as big as the KY-IND game and some financial assistance is needed. The kids are housed and fed and get about $300 worth of gear to keep. I hate it when anyone is misinformed.............

It is good to have definitive information. I have a couple more questions.

1. What charity benefits from the games?

2. Is the "$300 worth of gear" paid for as part of the overhead or is it donated?

3. Does Thomas More donate the use of its facilities, since this is a charitable event, or is that charge part of the overhead?

4. Are the expenses of the coaches, referees, tournament staff paid as part of the overhead or is this donated labor?

5. After the overhead is paid, is there anything left for donation to charity?

My questions are out of interest and not meant to be negative toward the event. In fact, I look forward to attending.

It is good to have definitive information. I have a couple more questions.

1. What charity benefits from the games?

2. Is the "$300 worth of gear" paid for as part of the overhead or is it donated?

3. Does Thomas More donate the use of its facilities, since this is a charitable event, or is that charge part of the overhead?

4. Are the expenses of the coaches, referees, tournament staff paid as part of the overhead or is this donated labor?

5. After the overhead is paid, is there anything left for donation to charity?

My questions are out of interest and not meant to be negative toward the event. In fact, I look forward to attending.

A couple of these questions I do not know the answer to as they are not "my department". However, I will ask my superiors and post in the next day or 2 and reply back. They are all good, legitimate questions.....