March 7, 200719 yr If Pitino had taken over after Denny Crum in that situation, then people would say he hasn't lived up to expectations, and hasn't kept the team up to that level. But does that mean he is a bad coach then, because he cant stay at a impossible level to stay at? No it does not mean that, and it the same way for Tubby. NO COACH IN AMERICA would have been able to keep us at that level that we were at through 96 to 98... Certainly not....but I wonder how many would have taken us to the level of an 8 seed in back-to-back seasons in 10 years...not one single final four after that great stretch...I'm not asking for a title game appearance every year...but a team that is a front-runner more often than one out of 10 years would be nice...:thumb:
March 7, 200719 yr Its true UL has been playing better lately, but would it mean anything if they end up getting knocked out in the first weekend of the tournament... I doubt it...doesn't seem to matter much at UK anymore, I'm sure U of L fans wouldn't mind.
March 7, 200719 yr :confused: This is not a bashing thread I was asking a simple question from UL fans... Yes, but you know how these things turn out... :irked:
March 7, 200719 yr :confused: This is not a bashing thread I was asking a simple question from UL fans... My bad...I didn't read the part that said for U of L fans...my apologies for chiming in...and besides, I didn't mean to get into an argument. I really only wanted to offer reasons that seem obvious to me. :thumb:
March 7, 200719 yr Were not arguing were discussing... :thumb: Good deal...I just didn't want to be mistaken for a U of L fan...:scared: Although, I might be a free agent...my criticism of Tubby from time to time has earned me the "not a true fan of UK basketball" label. :lol:
March 7, 200719 yr Author :thumb: Good deal...I just didn't want to be mistaken for a U of L fan...:scared: :lol:
March 7, 200719 yr Its pretty clear to me that neither Twabby or Ricky have the energy to coach at "their own standard", players and ability to recruit anymore. In fairness to UL, going to the big east was major upgrade in competition. They are adjusting finally. The UK slope is negative. Major Questions.... Are the programs where they were in the early to mid 80's (UL) and UK in the mid to late 90's????? I dont see how anyone can say that they are. We should accept the fact that both programs are not top 10 anymore. Dont worry, be happy...
March 7, 200719 yr Was that Pitino's team who had a HORRIBLE season last year with one of the best all around players in the nation???Who are you talking about? And yes, last season was pretty bad, although we did lose the complete heart and soul of the final four team. Not to mention we were playing in the BEST conference in the country. When you lose 3 or 4 players that had a HUGE impact for the team, and then leave Conference USA, I call that a rebuilding year.
March 7, 200719 yr Its true UL has been playing better lately, but would it mean anything if they end up getting knocked out in the first weekend of the tournament... It wouldn't bother me too much. This team is on a huge upswing. UofL fans don't live and die by the tournament. Would it be disappointing? Yes. Would we mope about it and say Pitino should be fired? No. Last game of the season on SENIOR night, the 4 seniors combined had 4 points. The 4 freshman had 46. The future looks bright no matter what happens in the tournament.
March 7, 200719 yr Author ^So is Kentucky in a rebuilding year?? Just taking a a little longer then expected???
March 7, 200719 yr ^So is Kentucky in a rebuilding year?? Just taking a a little longer then expected??? IMO, no.
March 7, 200719 yr Rick did what he is supposed to be doing. He said early on, once this team got healthy that the Cardinals would be good, that's exactly what they are right now. Most of Tubby's press conferences are filled with questions from Tubby about when his teams are going to get it all together...they don't know.
March 8, 200719 yr His SEC winning % doesn't attract top quality recruits or win tournaments. The 5 SEC rings does, though. He is going to tie his all time SEC losses in a single season at 8 losses unless they run the table. PS. I'm wearing my jersey at work!! :thumb: There is a fluke, a trend then a pattern. Where are we at now?? 7 SEC losses this year. 06/07 8 SEC losses last year. 05/06 3 SEC losses 04/05 3 SEC losses 03/04 0 SEC losses 02/03 7 SEC losses AGAIN 01/02 4 SEC losses 00/01 5 SEC losses 99/00 5 SEC losses 98/99
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.