Powell 83 Owsley 72

Fun game to watch. It was a high scoring affair with very few missed shots. Owsley County lost Kendra Combs in the 3rd quarter with a severe ankle injury (maybe broke) after a collison. Courtney Jones finished with 28 points for the lady Pirates. Senior Jessica Murrell Led Owsley with 27 point 10 rebounds. Combs had 22 points before her injury and Freshman Mika Turner had 12 points and 14 rebounds.

Owsley finishes the season with a 17 and 9 record.

Congrats to Jessica Murrell on a great career for the Lady Owls.

Hate to hear that about Kendra, hope everything comes out okay. Looks like she was having a great game and probably would of ended up with 30 or so. What was the score when she went out? Was it intentional?

Owsley was trailing by about 5 when Kendra went down with her ankle injury. She shot a 3-pointer from the corner and when she came down she fell to the floor holding her ankle. I don't know if she came down on another player's foot or just landed awkwardly. She was having a great game. The first half was unbelievable....she and Powell's Jones traded 3's several times...a shootout. And Owsley's Murrell and Powell's inside players were swapping basket for basket as well. The halftime score was Owsley 39 Powell 38, a lot of points for a post-season tournament game!!

I guess the old "iffin" game has to be played here. Iffin Combs doesn't have to leave the game with a quarter to play, the Lady Owls might have have pulled it off. I felt bad for her, but she is a junior and still has another year of high school basketball (Owsley has everyone back except for Murrell). She should be on everyones

all-region lists to begin next season, and will probably be all-region this year.

Congrats to Powell and have a good region.:thumb:

Owsley was trailing by about 5 when Kendra went down with her ankle injury. She shot a 3-pointer from the corner and when she came down she fell to the floor holding her ankle. I don't know if she came down on another player's foot or just landed awkwardly. She was having a great game. The first half was unbelievable....she and Powell's Jones traded 3's several times...a shootout. And Owsley's Murrell and Powell's inside players were swapping basket for basket as well. The halftime score was Owsley 39 Powell 38, a lot of points for a post-season tournament game!!

I guess the old "iffin" game has to be played here. Iffin Combs doesn't have to leave the game with a quarter to play, the Lady Owls might have have pulled it off. I felt bad for her, but she is a junior and still has another year of high school basketball (Owsley has everyone back except for Murrell). She should be on everyones

all-region lists to begin next season, and will probably be all-region this year.

Congrats to Powell and have a good region.:thumb:

Very well put Professor........Hate to watch this end up this way. She came down on the other girls shoe. I was told that Kendra had it x-rayed last night after the game and wanted to come back but couldnt put pressure on it. I've seen her go down , so for her not to come back, it must of been a lot of pain. She was told that it was a chance it could be broke by the way it didnt swell immediately but I got no final answer, ill find out today though.

Good win for the Pirates last night. I was also told that when Kendra was having problems earlier in the season that The Coach and the Lady Pirates sent her a "get well card", very classy act on their part.

Goodluck in the rest of the tournament.

No, Master....Of course it was NOT intentional.

It was not intentional by no means she came down bad on it and fell. Jones fell on her because she was trying to seal her off with a box out. I talked with several Powell County players and fans tonight and they all asked about her and wished her the best.

Very well put Professor........Hate to watch this end up this way. She came down on the other girls shoe. I was told that Kendra had it x-rayed last night after the game and wanted to come back but couldnt put pressure on it. I've seen her go down , so for her not to come back, it must of been a lot of pain. She was told that it was a chance it could be broke by the way it didnt swell immediately but I got no final answer, ill find out today though.

Good win for the Pirates last night. I was also told that when Kendra was having problems earlier in the season that The Coach and the Lady Pirates sent her a "get well card", very classy act on their part.

Goodluck in the rest of the tournament.

They did x-ray her foot but she won't know until Saturday if it was broke or not.