Mississippi 67 Georgia 49

panther15z30

AK is doing things right, in starting rebuild the Rebels back.

Building a strong relationship with the players

Defending the home turf.

He has done everything you could ask this year plus some.

And that is an understatement. :thumb: Ole Miss will be very dangerous in the SEC tourney, wouldn't really suprise me to see them win the thing, I am not picking that - just wouldn't suprise me.

AK -SEC - COY. (imo should be)

And that is an understatement. :thumb: Ole Miss will be very dangerous in the SEC tourney, wouldn't really suprise me to see them win the thing, I am not picking that - just wouldn't suprise me.

AK -SEC - COY. (imo should be)

I dont think they will be that dangerous in the SEC Tourney. They still are a different breed outside the Tad Pad.

They may be able to get one win, but I don't see them advancing too far.

I wouldn't mind a resume that included being one of the favorites for Big East and SEC COY in your first two years on the job. I've always wondered how much that one year as a player for Jimmy V changed him. He comes off as a guy that spends time in thought, laughs and cries every day...

Seriously, I think I could coach that team and win the SEC.....

No way does anyone sniff the SEC COY other than AK....unless they don't win the West....

As could you with the 1996 UK team, but the AP and SEC Coaches both still voted Pitino SEC COY.

I agree that AK has probably done a better coaching job, but I think if you look at a lot of COY awards its the coach of the best team that often gets the nod.

As could you with the 1996 UK team, but the AP and SEC Coaches both still voted Pitino SEC COY.

I agree that AK has probably done a better coaching job, but I think if you look at a lot of COY awards its the coach of the best team that often gets the nod.

It's unfortunate, but true. The job AK has done is remarkable IMO, especially when their best perimeter player left the school after only a couple games...

I wouldn't mind a resume that included being one of the favorites for Big East and SEC COY in your first two years on the job. I've always wondered how much that one year as a player for Jimmy V changed him. He comes off as a guy that spends time in thought, laughs and cries every day...

:thumb: :thumb: Great post, how can anyone not be changed by Jimmy V.? Especially his former players.