Gallatin Co. 68 Walton-Verona 67

Working on stats now. Wildcats came out flat in a low scoring first half, but Scott Brown's made free throw with 3 seconds to go put the Wildcats ahead for the win.

Typical officiating.....not good. Reminicient (sp?) of the Walton/Owen game last week.

This officiating crew has worked most of the Gallatin county games this year. Boys and Girls. Their bad calls cost the Lady Wildcats the All "A" Game against Owen. They are just brutal. If a team is going to lose a game fine, but the referees should not be the sixth man.

Another instance. Gallatin Co./Shelby. They are more interested in Wade's dunk than the "mugging" taking place 3/4 the way down the court.

Tonight was just as bad. Just all out bad calls. Obvious calls that the entire visitors side saw, and they have their whistle in their pocket.

Just bad.

I have tried to play nice with the Walton faithful for a while now but it has gone too far. I saw and heard about some of the most classless behavior that I have ever witnessed out of grown "adult" Walton fans. Everybody has these types of fans but on more than one case I saw "adults", and I use the term very loosely, verbally attack Gallatin's players singling out their deficiencies both on and off the court....Trying to provoke 15-18 year old kids. Wow, I am not belittling all Walton fans because I am not a stereotyper, but for those of you involved in this harassment you should be ashamed of yourself.

Some in music attend Ozzfest, the Cincinnati Zoo has Winterfest, but tonight at Walton it was foulfest as the wildcats did escape with a 68-67 win on the road. The first meeting back in December saw 64 fouls. Tonight saw 48 more as both teams gutted it out, but it was Scott Brown's made free throw with 3 seconds that gave the Wildcats the lead and eventually the game. It was close throughout, even tied at 31 at the half, but the Wildcats squeeked to their 22nd win tonight. Nate Edmondson led all scorers with 19 points. Scott Brown was named the Hometown Pizza Star of the Game for his free throw under pressure.

Scoring by Quarter:

Gallatin Co.: 15 16 19 18 - 68

Walton-Verona: 16 15 22 14 - 67

Individual Scoring:

Nate Edmondson - 19 points

Trent Maddox - 13 points

Jared Carlton - 12 points

Cody Perkins - 11 points

Scott Brown - 6 points

David Henson - 3 points

Josh Giles - 2 points

Josh Davis - 2 points

I have tried to play nice with the Walton faithful for a while now but it has gone too far. I saw and heard about some of the most classless behavior that I have ever witnessed out of grown "adult" Walton fans. Everybody has these types of fans but on more than one case I saw "adults", and I use the term very loosely, verbally attack Gallatin's players singling out their deficiencies both on and off the court....Trying to provoke 15-18 year old kids. Wow, I am not belittling all Walton fans because I am not a stereotyper, but for those of you involved in this harassment you should be ashamed of yourself.

I have to agree with you steelcurtain....only it was the kids at my end. In my postition on the floor, I had a group of them calling all of the Gallatin players all different kind of things...which I will not type on here. That is something that has bothered me for a while too. It's no wonder that kids end up the way they do. There is no guidence by the parents. It sounds like they get it from their parents in the case tonight. Sad!!

Same type of thing happened at South Oldham for the wildcats too!!!

I'm glad to hear that Edmondson is doing good this year after all that he's been through. It would've been a shame if he hadn't gotten the chance to play his senior year when even as a Freshman it was apparent that he was going to have a nice basketball career in High School and perhaps beyond. Looks like he found the right place to play with the right chemistry that he needed to shine.

I'm glad to hear that Edmondson is doing good this year after all that he's been through. It would've been a shame if he hadn't gotten the chance to play his senior year when even as a Freshman it was apparent that he was going to have a nice basketball career in High School and perhaps beyond. Looks like he found the right place to play with the right chemistry that he needed to shine.

From an outsiders perspective he seems to be doing just fine. By the way, is he the kicker on the football team, as well?

It was a difficult game and I feel for the players on both teams. One trip down what would be a foul would not be the next. I found that it you can't talk to the fans and count to three at the same time. One ref did tell a kid to quit flopping. The young man did get one charging call before he was warned. Walking only counts in the last minute of the game. Had to be a difficult game play. I could go on but in the end it was Josh Giles who saved the day. On defense he forced 4 turnovers in the last 2 minutes.