Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bellevue Tigers Team

Featured Replies

Does anybody know how the Vories coaches are doing at Bellevue? I heard that Kent and Mike are both coaching there now.

  • Author

Doesn't anyone have any thoughts on this post?

I heard that Kent and Mike are both coaching there now.

Are they related???

Yes they are related and they are having a subpar year with limited talent. Kent left a fine program at Clark Montessori to come over and coach and Mike has given a lot of his personal time now that his boy Jeffrey is off to college at Lindsey Wilson.

 

The problem lies in the fact that the development of grades 4-8 at Bellevue needs some serious revampment. Sticking 2 teams per grade in a weak basketball league every year will not help your program.

 

I think they are trying to get some of the more talented kids involved more in AAU so they can get better experience or atleast that is what I have heard.

I know they had a nice win last night over Villa Madonna at Villa. Vories seems to do a great job with his varsity team. He came in at a good time with a pretty good senior class. You can tell his team responds well to his intensity. Ross and Haynes work extremely hard. The JV team has a lot of fight in them as well, they pulled out a one point win in double overtime over Villa. They seem to be taking the right steps. I know they are hosting a small school Freshman tournement this weekend and a JV Tourney next weekend. Seems like they are dedicated.

I know they had a nice win last night over Villa Madonna at Villa. Vories seems to do a great job with his varsity team. He came in at a good time with a pretty good senior class. You can tell his team responds well to his intensity. Ross and Haynes work extremely hard. The JV team has a lot of fight in them as well, they pulled out a one point win in double overtime over Villa. They seem to be taking the right steps. I know they are hosting a small school Freshman tournement this weekend and a JV Tourney next weekend. Seems like they are dedicated.

 

Thats good to hear. They have a few Seniors who are hard workers and have some talent but the big senior class was last season. I am glad they are hosting tournaments to keep the kids playing. They really need to get the fundamentals developed at a younger age. Its not good when you have JV/Varsity players who can only use one hand or lack the ability to see the floor, etc. These are things that really need to be developed before 5th grade.

Yes they are related and they are having a subpar year with limited talent. Kent left a fine program at Clark Montessori to come over and coach and Mike has given a lot of his personal time now that his boy Jeffrey is off to college at Lindsey Wilson.

 

The problem lies in the fact that the development of grades 4-8 at Bellevue needs some serious revampment. Sticking 2 teams per grade in a weak basketball league every year will not help your program.

I think they are trying to get some of the more talented kids involved more in AAU so they can get better experience or atleast that is what I have heard.

 

I wouldn't be so quick to criticize the "weak basketball league" as much as I would the people they have coaching(or not coaching) the youth teams. I've seen the Dayton Youth Instructional League turn out many good players from throughout Northern Ky. The names like Walz, Pelle, Penick, Lorenzen etc are all good athletes that played in that league. I think they do a credible job and fill a major need within the NKY area.

I wouldn't be so quick to criticize the "weak basketball league" as much as I would the people they have coaching(or not coaching) the youth teams. I've seen the Dayton Youth Instructional League turn out many good players from throughout Northern Ky. The names like Walz, Pelle, Penick, Lorenzen etc are all good athletes that played in that league. I think they do a credible job and fill a major need within the NKY area.

 

Every kid you mentioned also played on traveling AAU teams in the summer and didnt rely on the Dayton youth league for their only instruction. Its a nice little league but if you want to hang your hat on that every year you will not be able to compete and your teams will struggle like Dayton has the last few years, Bellevue has this season and Ludlow is as well. I'm not bashing anyone here just stating that if the Tigers want to get any better they need to either play more ball all year round or get some of their kids in an AAU leauge out in Florence. If they get their heads pounded in atleast they will get used to a different pace of game.

You must also remember that in the case of Bellevue and Dayton and schools of similar size that every sport shares the same athletes. the basketball players are also the guys playing football, baseball and running track. AAU is exactly where advanced development can take place, but remember these kids are also committing to summer baseball, summer conditioning for football, football practice in August as well has trying to hold down a job in some cases. As usual with small schools, it comes down to a numbers issue. The younger kids definitely need AAU ball and the coaching staff is trying to arrange to promote just that. Long term commitment to the program is essential.

You must also remember that in the case of Bellevue and Dayton and schools of similar size that every sport shares the same athletes. the basketball players are also the guys playing football, baseball and running track. AAU is exactly where advanced development can take place, but remember these kids are also committing to summer baseball, summer conditioning for football, football practice in August as well has trying to hold down a job in some cases. As usual with small schools, it comes down to a numbers issue. The younger kids definitely need AAU ball and the coaching staff is trying to arrange to promote just that. Long term commitment to the program is essential.

 

Sounds like you are in the know Bulldog. I know as well that the coaches want to get the kids more gym time. I also know that there are other sports and committments. One of the benefits of small schools is the ability to play 3 sports.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.