Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin 68 Clay 51

Featured Replies

Bubba,

Thanks for the kinds words ... as for the Tarheel Blue ... You're worrying me now. It's like I know who you are, BUT I DON'T.

SCARY, SCARY INDEED.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hounds balance makes them very dangerous. Crawford's scoring is down but this has made Corbin better. They are extremely hard to defend now that Smith and Barley are scoring.

I would say that Les is a bit partial to the Hounds and Cards, but he does cover them in all sports so he tends to get emotionally attached....lol

 

Coach Spurlock kept the Tigers in the locker room for over an hour after the game working things out. I look for them to punish whoever they play next time out. I thought Clay played very physical and very hard last night. There was not fault in their effort or hustle. They play as hard as any team I have seen this year. Coach Spurlock seems to be very intense as well on the sidelines. That is a change from Mike Jones and Glenn Gray who were both more calm type of coaches.

 

I didn't see it that way Bubba. I will say that Clay played hard but maybe not hard enough. I really disagree with you when you say they played physical. I'm not blaming the refs at all, but Clay let the Hounds push and root them around under the basket all night. I give Corbin alot of credit, they played some tough defense and Clay responded with the "deer in the headlights" look. Even though Corbin put up a bunch of bricks that bounced back into their hands, Clay allowed Corbin way too many second chances. If Spurlock kept them in the locker room an extra hour I bet he wasn't praising their physical play at all.

I didn't see it that way Bubba. I will say that Clay played hard but maybe not hard enough. I really disagree with you when you say they played physical. I'm not blaming the refs at all, but Clay let the Hounds push and root them around under the basket all night. I give Corbin alot of credit, they played some tough defense and Clay responded with the "deer in the headlights" look. Even though Corbin put up a bunch of bricks that bounced back into their hands, Clay allowed Corbin way too many second chances. If Spurlock kept them in the locker room an extra hour I bet he wasn't praising their physical play at all.

 

Clay obviously did not look very good last night, but I'm also sure they are a better team than they showed. Clay's physical play is more of the slapping, reaching and bumping the ballhandler type, they do need to be more physical on the inside though.

I think that Spurlock will do a great job at Clay.

The loss of William Jones, Desmond Swafford and Dillion Sizemore may have something to do with the inside game of Clay this season. Those three were hard to handle around the basket.

The loss of William Jones, Desmond Swafford and Dillion Sizemore may have something to do with the inside game of Clay this season. Those three were hard to handle around the basket.

 

Those guys knew how to play in the paint.

I think Coach Spurlock is in a transition phase of Clay Co basketball. He is going away from the double low stack and match up 2- 3 zone of many years. It will take some time for their players, feeder programs and coaches to learn how to press and play a faster pace. Once this period is over look for the Tigers to be a force. Their 8th grade team is very talented. Clay is like Corbin, no need for excuses when you lose a game. Use it to make yourself better the next time out.

Les, I think you do a great job covering sports,I was just saying you are more of a Hound fan than a Tiger fan. I would have liked tohave heard Spurlock last night after the game, Im sure he used alot of 4 letter words... The Tigers just got outplayed last night, the refs let Corbin play very physical and Clay just seemed to be scared to death... I think Spurlock will have them back in shape come Monday night..

Bell 68, Knox 50

 

 

Middlesboro beat Cumberland 73-62

What's up with that ???? Cumberland should win by 10 or so ??

Sometimes them four lettered words do not help matters.

The biggest is TEAM and I think the Hounds have learned this and have progressed nicely thus far. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season and into the tournaments.

Les, I think you do a great job covering sports,I was just saying you are more of a Hound fan than a Tiger fan. I would have liked tohave heard Spurlock last night after the game, Im sure he used alot of 4 letter words... The Tigers just got outplayed last night, the refs let Corbin play very physical and Clay just seemed to be scared to death... I think Spurlock will have them back in shape come Monday night..

 

 

 

Thanks supertooper ... Spurlock is a great coach and will have Clay contending for a region crown soon.

Hey Bubba,

Can you believe I have just been called a Corbin fan? Now mark that down and print it out. Now maybe, just maybe, I wen't get too beat up when Corbin and South plays each other for now on.:)

 

But to be honest, I just cover the games and enjoy meeting people ... I would love to see any of my local teams I cover do well (Barbourville, Corbin, Knox Central, Lynn Camp, South and North Laurel, Whitley County and Williamsburg. Heck, I even root on the Tigers a lot ... if you don't believe me just ask Antwan Henson and Dennis Hacker. I consider those two guys good friends.

How close are you and Hacker? :creepy:

ummm ... idunna know

Scoring from the game

Corbin

Crawford - 14

Smith - 9

Wilson - 9

Hamlin - 8

Johnson - 7

Barley - 7

Cashen - 6

 

Clay Co.

Hubbs - 12

Smith - 9

Lewis - 7

Campbell - 5

ummm ... idunna know
I think he spent some time in your city a week or so ago. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.