Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin 68 Clay 51

Featured Replies

  • Author
I would hate to think what the final margin would have been if the Hounds had not turned it over. It was 23 or so when both coaches subbed down with about 3 minutes to play. Does Bell still only press in spurts?

Yep, good have been alot uglier for Clay!

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hate to think what the final margin would have been if the Hounds had not turned it over. It was 23 or so when both coaches subbed down with about 3 minutes to play. Does Bell still only press in spurts?

 

It appeared to me that Corbin's freshman were the ones turning the ball over the most, probably just big-game nerves..........maybe they got it out of their system before the real games start.

I listened to this one on the radio and it sure sounded like this one over at the half...It's a good win for the Hounds heading toward the post season...

I agree ... I was told Ryan Whitkaker went down with a possible broken rib tonight against Central.

 

Any score on the Bell/Knox game?

Bell 68, Knox 50

 

 

Middlesboro beat Cumberland 73-62

Good win by the Hounds tonight. Clay appears to be a team that plays very hard and can get hot but just seemed to lack the horses. Corbin didn't shoot all that well and played some careless ball but stilled played with great team effort. I think Corbin's biggest mistake that they tend to do is the cross court pass. That won't cut it against a team like South who play the passing lanes well. They need to start breaking towards the ball instead of passing it 40 feet.

Taking nothing away from Corbin, because tonight they were BY FAR the better team..but that is not the Clay Co team I have watched all year... If I was the hounds I wouldnt expect that same Tiger team come Region time

 

Corbin plays really up in your face, depending on what refs you get in a game you could easily have their starting 5 fouled out by half...Because they play Rought basketball...

 

I was shocked with some of Corbins fans sitting around me, they just keep on making the worst comments. If I did not hear "This is the worst Team Clay Co has had in years" 10 times I did not hear it once...

 

But Id have to say this was a GREAT win for the hounds..Id now put them at #3 and still keep Bell...

I get tired of reading that if you had these refs or those refs something else could have happened. Bottom line is that the better team won. Maybe, if I was Clay, I would expect an even better Corbin team if they played again?

  • Author
I get tired of reading that if you had these refs or those refs something else could have happened. Bottom line is that the better team won. Maybe, if I was Clay, I would expect an even better Corbin team if they played again?

If we would of had different Refs, Corbin may have won by 40 ! :rolleyes::D

I know what ya mean ...

umm Les, you seem to be just alittle bit of a Corbin fan?

I would say that Les is a bit partial to the Hounds and Cards, but he does cover them in all sports so he tends to get emotionally attached....lol

 

Coach Spurlock kept the Tigers in the locker room for over an hour after the game working things out. I look for them to punish whoever they play next time out. I thought Clay played very physical and very hard last night. There was not fault in their effort or hustle. They play as hard as any team I have seen this year. Coach Spurlock seems to be very intense as well on the sidelines. That is a change from Mike Jones and Glenn Gray who were both more calm type of coaches.

Hey Bubba,

Can you believe I have just been called a Corbin fan? Now mark that down and print it out. Now maybe, just maybe, I wen't get too beat up when Corbin and South plays each other for now on.:)

 

But to be honest, I just cover the games and enjoy meeting people ... I would love to see any of my local teams I cover do well (Barbourville, Corbin, Knox Central, Lynn Camp, South and North Laurel, Whitley County and Williamsburg. Heck, I even root on the Tigers a lot ... if you don't believe me just ask Antwan Henson and Dennis Hacker. I consider those two guys good friends.

Les, has been called about everything you can imagine, but a Redhound fan is a new one indeed. I think Les just likes to watch sports and does a heck of job covering it. He also stands behind what he says which is more than most people in his profession. We may not like it but the man makes the sports page interesting. If you play well he notes it, if you play poorly then he tells it like he sees it as well. He also looks good in Tar Heel blue I might add.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.