Bracken County Lady Bears - 10th Region Freshman Champions!

The Bracken County Lady Bears defeated Montgomery County 34-23 this afternoon before beating the Deming Lady Devils in the finals by the score of 29-23.

The Bracken County Lady Bears played their hearts out and beat a very good and talented Montgomery County team...

Deming needs to be given a lot of credit because they played well and are very well coached. Congrats to them..

Bracken County needed 5 ALL TOURNAMENT TEAM Plaques because all 5 starters contributed and were essential in winning the title..

Hannah Haight, Brittany Burden, and Katelyn Meyer were selected to the All Tournament Team, but Brooke Riggs and Jaclyn Crawford were just as important as both knocked down key shots and played great defense all day.

Although the offense at times looked stagnant today, the defense was always there... In 3 games gave up 23, 23, and 22 points.. Thats a great team effort.

CONGRATS to the Lady Bears and Coach Stephenson and a well played tournament... Its grade to be associated with 10th Region Champions!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree the Lady Bears played their hearts out and you could see the sheer determination during the second game as they actually showed some signs of fatigue!These girls are a well knit unit and to add to the previous post they also had some very good minutes from the non-starters that helped them over the top.Keep on playing hard Lady Bears and I do believe this program is coming around and we should see more and more of this type of play and the wins will certainly come for the JV and Varsity also!Great job ladies!:ylsuper:

I agree the Lady Bears played their hearts out and you could see the sheer determination during the second game as they actually showed some signs of fatigue!These girls are a well knit unit and to add to the previous post they also had some very good minutes from the non-starters that helped them over the top.Keep on playing hard Lady Bears and I do believe this program is coming around and we should see more and more of this type of play and the wins will certainly come for the JV and Varsity also!Great job ladies!:ylsuper:

Very well put proud polar its nice to see some fans actually support Bracken County ladies Basketball as a whole and i agree i truely belive things will get better on all levels of the program..

Yeah baby, truly something to be proud of to knock off two perennial 10th region girls powers in Harrison and Montgomery and beating Deming on their home court. A well earned trifecta(if you will). Who coaches the Deming squad,who also should be very proud? Hopefully this will be a long overdue turning of the tide in 10th region girls basketball.

The Bracken County Lady Bears defeated Montgomery County 34-23 this afternoon before beating the Deming Lady Devils in the finals by the score of 29-23.

The Bracken County Lady Bears played their hearts out and beat a very good and talented Montgomery County team...

Deming needs to be given a lot of credit because they played well and are very well coached. Congrats to them..

Bracken County needed 5 ALL TOURNAMENT TEAM Plaques because all 5 starters contributed and were essential in winning the title..

Hannah Haight, Brittany Burden, and Katelyn Meyer were selected to the All Tournament Team, but Brooke Riggs and Jaclyn Crawford were just as important as both knocked down key shots and played great defense all day.

Although the offense at times looked stagnant today, the defense was always there... In 3 games gave up 23, 23, and 22 points.. Thats a great team effort.

CONGRATS to the Lady Bears and Coach Stephenson and a well played tournament... Its grade to be associated with 10th Region Champions!

Defense has and will always win championships,just got to make it interesting and fun,get the kids to buy into it.

These kids do whatever you ask as a coach. By far the best bunch of girls I have had the opportunity to coach.. It has been a true pleasure to be a part of this bunch and I hope I can for many years to come.

If the varsity's effort is not there in the remaining games, get them 5 ladies mentioned above and put them in there(district tournament and all).

I was not able to attend the game tonight but my family made the journey to Deming... They said that it was clear from the beginning that the Lady Bears for the best team in the tournament...

Way to take the title Ladies!

Keep it up and bring that intensity with you tomorrow night.. The Varsity is going to need your energy

Congratulations to a classy program that deserves this honor. They are VERY well coached and work extremely hard.

I REALLY hated coaching against Coach Kelsch at the middle school level because his teams were always prepared and are fundamental on both ends of the floor. Really hard to find a weakness in his teams if ever.

I will repeat what others have said on this board before, Coach Kelsch is going to make someone a fine varsity coach when he gets his chance.