Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Key Players in the 8th Region

Featured Replies

Who are the key players in the 8th Region?

  • Replies 43
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owen County has three awesome players

Trey Lenear, Michael Ogden and Dan Neely.

  • Author

I hear the Dan Neely from Owen is better in baseball than he is in basketball. I've seen him play basketball and he's very good

Lenear hit .493 with 11 hr's and 41 RBI's,and was 6-2, 2 saves, 58 IP,79 Ks OBA .216

Ogden was 6-3, 56.33 IP, 1 save, 1.86 ERA, 74 Ks, .176 OBA

I heard Neely was 6-3 pitching, with a .563 avg. and 30 stolen bases.

I don't have Neely's stats since he transfered,and haven't seen him play since he was a freshman.

I left out Lenear's ERA. It was 0.96

Parrot will be all SK has this year. He is a stud though.

  • Author

I hear that Carroll Co had a freshman last year that hit .460 and only dressed varsity half of the year. I believe his name was Allen. Will be interesting to see how he does this year as a sophmore.

I don't remember Allen, but Blankenship was a tough out to get.

Yes, Allen was a very good asset for the Panthers, as well as Blankenship and Bickers at shortstop. If I recall right, Allen had the highest batting average on the team as a freshman. He is a very tough kid. I hear Carroll got a new coach, I am anxious to meet him and hope that he builds the program to greatness. Good luck in the upcoming season!

I heard the Woods boy was giving up playing baseball. Is this true? why?

His dad was a gold glove SS in high school.

I heard the same thing. I have not got a chance to talk to him so I am not sure on the reasoning. I hope it is just a rumor, he is a tremendous player.

I agree. How will Carroll Co.s pitching be this year without Stark and Williams ?

  • Author

I hear that they still have Wilhoite and Larimore that are supposed to be pretty good. I have also heard that Ricketts will be doing more pitching this year and has been throwing pretty good in the pre-season. As far as Woods, I believe that you are correct in that he is not going to be playing this year. One reason I heard was due to the large number of honors classes he is taking, he is in the running for the govenors scholar program. I am also looking forward to what the new coach has in store for Carroll this year. From what I have heard the program should benefit from the new coach.

  • Author

His name is Brian Coffman

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.