Nestheide scores 1,000th point for Centre

h.s.sportsrbest

• 2 weeks later...

The College Sports Information Directors of America named Centre College junior Matt Nestheide to its District 4 Academic All-District team for the 2006-2007 school year.

Nestheide (Edgewood, Ky.) carries a 3.71 grade point average in his economics major. He has been named to the Dean's List all five terms at Centre, including earning a 3.92 GPA his last two semesters.

This year Matt has been selected for inclusion into the Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges. He has also been elected to the National Leadership Society Omicron Delta Kappa this year.

Nestheide leads the basketball team by starting all 22 games and averaging 15.1 points per game. The men's team is currently 18-4 and boasts an undefeated 10-0 record at home. Their next game is Friday, Feb. 16 at 8:00pm against Oglethorpe University in Danville, Ky.

• 10 months later...

Matt is now in the top 10 all-time at Centre when it comes to scoring.

He has (according to my own calculations) right around 1,300 points. I calculated 1,297, but that is probably off by 10 or so points. Regardless, he has about half of a season left to go and needs around 600 points to break the scoring record. :D

Somehow this is in the college football forum.

I'll go ahead and blame HSSB (the thread creator) since he's not around to defend himself. But can another mod move it to the College bball forum, please?

This thread was made before the college sports split. Ahhh yes, the good ole' days.