Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LSU pulls offer from Luther Davis after 'Bama visit...

Featured Replies

  • Author
News out of West-Monroe La. has Davis visiting La. Tech. Word is that Luther doesn't have the GPA or scores to attend an SEC school. Interesting... Maybe Coach Krag should give him a look. He is a four star DE that played in the Army All-Star game.

I don't know much about this, but Luther Davis committed to Alabama on the 26th.....

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, the Cards can take some kids who cannot get into a SEC school and there is nothing wrong with that.

How is that possible?

  • Author

^ well, The SEC can require certain classes to have been completed that the Big East doesn't...though it doesn't look as if that'll be an issue with him committing to a different SEC school.

Yes, the Cards can take some kids who cannot get into a SEC school and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm not gonna mention any kids.

 

Verbals don't mean a whole lot. We had a QB that gave us a verbal who's cell phone played "Yea Alabama" and now he might be a Cane. A lot of kids growing up were LSU fans and remember Coach Saban and thats why he has contacted those kids. Nothing wrong with that either.

 

The thing now days is for a kid to have three hats on the table and preteend to pick one and put on the other.

The QB you mentioned committed to Shula. His dad is a longtime friend of Shula. I'm not surprised he backed out of his commitment.

^ well, The SEC can require certain classes to have been completed that the Big East doesn't...though it doesn't look as if that'll be an issue with him committing to a different SEC school.
Committing and being admitted are two different things. It is just rumor at this time but Davis was considered an academic risk all along.
How can Louisville take kids that SEC schools cannot? Are there different standards?

Sure, there are different standards from school to school as well as conference to conference. BTW this is still a football forum. You aren't going to start in with the "US News and World Report rankings of the nation's best colleges" again are you?:lol:

^ well, The SEC can require certain classes to have been completed that the Big East doesn't.

Is this the what actualy occurs? What class(es) does the SEC require that the Big East does not? Do other BCS conferences have the same standards as the Big East or are they more in line with the SEC's?

  • Author

^ I'm not entirely sure.

Sure, there are different standards from school to school as well as conference to conference. BTW this is still a football forum. You aren't going to start in with the "US News and World Report rankings of the nation's best colleges" again are you?:lol:

I think this is germane to recruiting though, so it applies here. I had heard a rumor that Bush couldn't get into Ohio St. or Tennessee due to higher standards than UL but dismissed it as false. The Bush incident may be false, and Michael would have qualified at any school, but it sounds like UL can take players that UK can't, simply because of the lesser academic standards at the Big East or the higher academic standards at the SEC? Is this true?

 

I think my point with respective institutions' academic level was made in another thread.

 

Believe me, I've learned my lesson with you and others on the College Sports Board: "Numbers or rankings don't matter; it's the numbers within the numbers that matter...unless the numbers or rankings are good for you, then they matter.":lol:

 

Subjectivity over Objectivity. :lol:

  • Author

^ the UK, UL comparison is bad right now, in that UL is getting better players (as a whole) than the Cats...maybe it is better for a comparison to the LSU's, UGA's, UF's, etc..of the sec.

^ the UK, UL comparison is bad right now, in that UL is getting better players (as a whole) than the Cats...maybe it is better for a comparison to the LSU's, UGA's, UF's, etc..of the sec.

Sure it doesn't matter what schools you use. Insert Connecticut and Florida, or UL and Vandy. The talent level of the recruit is immaterial for this discussion.

If all the kids who commit because of a Coach and the Coach staying 4 or 5 years, well look at all the ones that have changed jobs recently. I know kids want to play for certain coaches (Bear, Joe pa, Bowden,) but like in Vic's case. "Coach leaves now I'll come". Can't blame the teens for changing their minds.

I think this is germane to recruiting though, so it applies here. I had heard a rumor that Bush couldn't get into Ohio St. or Tennessee due to higher standards than UL but dismissed it as false. The Bush incident may be false, and Michael would have qualified at any school, but it sounds like UL can take players that UK can't, simply because of the lesser academic standards at the Big East or the higher academic standards at the SEC? Is this true?

 

I think my point with respective institutions' academic level was made in another thread.

 

Believe me, I've learned my lesson with you and others on the College Sports Board: "Numbers or rankings don't matter; it's the numbers within the numbers that matter...unless the numbers or rankings are good for you, then they matter."

 

Subjectivity over Objectivity. :lol:

I think Bush was late to qualify. Summer classes to improve his GPA and numerous attempts at the ACT. That may have scared some off. I've heard the story at UT (from a pretty good source) was that they wanted him to play defense. As to your academic point on another thread.... well you just go right on thinking that way sonny.:thumb:

I can't believe how much you sound like that coach over at that certain school. More and more every post. I guess the next time LSU or UofL whips the Cats in football again you'll start posting the Cats GPAs and ACT scores.:sssh:

Just wondering... How many National Merit Scholars did Brooks sign?:D

I can't believe how much you sound like that coach over at that certain school. More and more every post. I guess the next time LSU or UofL whips the Cats in football again you'll start posting the Cats GPAs and ACT scores.:sssh:

Just wondering... How many National Merit Scholars did Brooks sign?:D

I have no idea and don't care. I don't believe I've ever posted about UK's academics. If I have please find it for me.

 

Once again, back to the thread and away from the juvenille name calling. Big East Team A can take players that SEC Team B can't, simply because of the lesser academic standards at the Big East or the higher academic standards at the SEC? Is this true?

I have no idea and don't care. I don't believe I've ever posted about UK's academics. If I have please find it for me.

 

Once again, back to the thread and away from the juvenille name calling. Big East Team A can take players that SEC Team B can't, simply because of the lesser academic standards at the Big East or the higher academic standards at the SEC? Is this true?

It may be. But I don't know or care. I just know the kid is visiting La. Tech as a safety net. Tech is a D1 school so it must not be an NCAA thing. I know in the past UofL was able to get some kids in that others couldn't. Then again that may have been back in the CUSA days.

 

I'll make you a deal. You show me all the juvenille names I called you... and I'll show you where you posted about UK's academics (I already have my man Fletch on the job).:ylsuper:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.