Open Job: Knox Central

This job was posted on the Knox Co. website on Thursday. Not sure if Coach Buckner resigned or relieved of his duties. Coach Dustin Buckner was 5-6 last season and was 10-12 in just 2 seasons. This upcoming season the Panthers will have 4 head coach in the last 5 years.

12 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

This job was posted on the Knox Co. website on Thursday. Not sure if Coach Buckner resigned or relieved of his duties. Coach Dustin Buckner was 5-6 last season and was 10-12 in just 2 seasons. This upcoming season the Panthers will have 4 head coach in the last 5 years.

That’s not true. Dustin Buckner was HC 22-23 season. Travis McDaniel 21 season. Fred Hoskins was 2017-2020. 

2 hours ago, DearToday said:

That’s not true. Dustin Buckner was HC 22-23 season. Travis McDaniel 21 season. Fred Hoskins was 2017-2020. 

What is not true from the 2020 season and going into the 2024 it will be the 4th coach in the last 5 seasons. If a kid was a freshman in 2020  he would have had 3 coaches in his 4 seasons it doesn't matter how long the coach was there before that season. However as I said in my post starting with the 2020 season to this upcoming season it will be their 4th coach in those 5 seasons.

19 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

What is not true from the 2020 season and going into the 2024 it will be the 4th coach in the last 5 seasons. If a kid was a freshman in 2020  he would have had 3 coaches in his 4 seasons it doesn't matter how long the coach was there before that season. However as I said in my post starting with the 2020 season to this upcoming season it will be their 4th coach in those 5 seasons.

I get the narrative you’re trying to paint. My bad. Could’ve also said 4th coach in 7 seasons. Either way. 

• Like 1

I would think Allen Mitchell would be a front runner. Was hired as an assistant. Wasn’t doing a bad job at South before they brought in Hines. Knox has good talent coming up, just have to keep them there. 

• 2 weeks later...