Evangel Christian 71 Butler County 60 (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)

Final.  The Eagles improve to 30-6 with the win and the Bears season and first trip to Rupp ends at 23-9. Evangel placed 3 players in double figures led by Christian Doerr with 21. The Bears were led by Lawson Rice with 19. Evangel Christian will take on the Pulaski Co./Trinity winner in the last game of the quarterfinals tomorrow night at 8:30pm.

• Thanks 1

Overall I’m pleased with what the Bears have accomplished this season and I felt as though they held their own in the game this afternoon against a very good Evangel Christian team.

On the other hand, Ty Price with the most selfish outing of the season in the most important game of the season. Disappointed a player of that caliber doesn’t have the ability to understand if it’s not going your way you can’t keep forcing it and continue putting your team in a worse position, I suppose you can also put that on coaching as well. The Bears will be back next year, with the same starting 5 that will all be SR’s, hopefully a different result in Rupp next March.

• Like 3

I as well thought it was a solid effort from the Bears but I also agree on Price. It was simply just bad basketball.

Congrats on a great season Butler County!

3 hours ago, TheBallCoach said:

Overall I’m pleased with what the Bears have accomplished this season and I felt as though they held their own in the game this afternoon against a very good Evangel Christian team.

On the other hand, Ty Price with the most selfish outing of the season in the most important game of the season. Disappointed a player of that caliber doesn’t have the ability to understand if it’s not going your way you can’t keep forcing it and continue putting your team in a worse position, I suppose you can also put that on coaching as well. The Bears will be back next year, with the same starting 5 that will all be SR’s, hopefully a different result in Rupp next March.

Yep.  If you want to win a championship or at least a state tournament game you can’t keep gunning when you are 0 for 10 from 3.  If you are a leader and want to win anyway.  I’d rather have a team full of 10-12 point scorers than 1 guy averaging 30 - unless he is all world caliber.  They had opportunities to cut it to 3 or 4 and several times Price chucked another 3.  When you have teammates shooting good and you aren’t, find them.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2024 at 3:09 PM, TheBallCoach said:

Saying Ty is selfish. You have not a clue what you’re talking about. Maybe watch film or talk to the vast majority that know him or his game. Yes he takes tough shots but he makes tough shots at a rate that will put him down one the best shooters in state history. Obviously it works well. They won there first 3rd region championship in school history and they did it going 15-0 in the region. He averaged over 36 PPG on 50/46/92 in the region tourney. He’s approaching 400 made 3s at nearly 40% in 3 seasons. He scored 1000 points last season. He’s over 900 this season with Butler missing 4 regular season games plus. He’s second in the state in made 3s last 2 seasons. If you want say he had off game fair enough. To say selfish. Your highly misinformed 

• Confused 1

@RealHoops If you believe shooting 5-20 in the state tournament was the selfless Ty Price that we saw all season by all means have at it. Henderson County? What was he 5-29 from the field in a 20 point loss at home?

Since you like statistics, let me give you a fun one.

Outside of Lawson Rice (381 attempts) the other 3 starters combined had 724 attempts this year, Ty Price alone shot 718. I sure hope somebody would be able to get the production he does with that egregious amount of volume.

I agree he is a talented player but I don’t believe he is able to grasp the fact that he makes the other guys around him better by being able to create the way he can. If he did understand that he wouldn’t be having nights like we saw the other day, he would’ve passed up a good shot for a great one. Even in his post game interview he commented that they were attacking him, well yeah son they know you want to shoot the ball no matter what and good basketball teams won’t allow one player to dictate the game (unless your Trent Noah). That’s why I call out the selfish outing for what it is, trust your teammates Castleen and Rice were playing great all night.

Go Bears!

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 3:42 PM, TheBallCoach said:

@RealHoops If you believe shooting 5-20 in the state tournament was the selfless Ty Price that we saw all season by all means have at it. Henderson County? What was he 5-29 from the field in a 20 point loss at home?

Since you like statistics, let me give you a fun one.

Outside of Lawson Rice (381 attempts) the other 3 starters combined had 724 attempts this year, Ty Price alone shot 718. I sure hope somebody would be able to get the production he does with that egregious amount of volume.

I agree he is a talented player but I don’t believe he is able to grasp the fact that he makes the other guys around him better by being able to create the way he can. If he did understand that he wouldn’t be having nights like we saw the other day, he would’ve passed up a good shot for a great one. Even in his post game interview he commented that they were attacking him, well yeah son they know you want to shoot the ball no matter what and good basketball teams won’t allow one player to dictate the game (unless your Trent Noah). That’s why I call out the selfish outing for what it is, trust your teammates Castleen and Rice were playing great all night.

Go Bears!

Pretty funny you pick 2 games to gloss over. Including the Henderson game in which my understanding is he was sick. But you ignore the LONG list of accomplishments including the region tourney performance to get his team there. For the first time ever. Yea we just threw that out lol. You’re obviously a hater. So continue on with your hating