Open Job: Casey County

Casey County will be looking for a new head coach in 2024. Former Head Coach Levi Rogers announced yesterday he is taking the position at Lincoln County. 

Casey County finished 2023 with a 5-6 record, losing to Central 48-6 in the 1st Round of the KHSAA Playoffs. It seems like Casey County is in the middle of a rebuild, regardless of who the new coach is. 

Who gets this job? 

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2024 at 1:56 PM, Big Mck Bearcat said:

There will be some interest from locals, wouldn't be shocked if Daniel Cooper wasn't a candidate here. He's done well at Lincoln County as an assistant and with their JV team. 

His name was mentioned all throughout Danville before they hired Coach Parks. I think there was some real mutual interest then. 

I have heard Phil Russell is the leader right now. I think he would be a very safe, but effective hire for Casey County. Besides him though, does Casey County not have anyone on staff or local they would consider? 

10 hours ago, UKBaseball85 said:

His name was mentioned all throughout Danville before they hired Coach Parks. I think there was some real mutual interest then. 

I have heard Phil Russell is the leader right now. I think he would be a very safe, but effective hire for Casey County. Besides him though, does Casey County not have anyone on staff or local they would consider? 

Will Hatter is a candidate that may have a good chance at this.  He has been there 7 or 8 years as an assistant.  He played at Casey as QB under Andy Stephens and I think he may have played 1 year under Sam Marples.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nuke LaLoosh said:

The next coach will make the 16th coach (Stonebraker was there twice) in the programs 51 year history.  It’s hard to have success when you’re changing coaches on an average of every 3 years.

Accurate & they aren't alone.

I would be completely shocked if the average tenure across the state, with all programs factored in, is above 4-5 (at the most) years. If that isn't the overall average, I'd be willing to say that it is, however, the case for 75% of the programs across the state & more of those closer to the 4 (shade above, shade below) than the 5 year average tenure.

• Like 1