Washington County names Adam Smith head football coach.

WOFOJP61

From Washington County Schools:

WCHS Selects Adam Smith as New Head Commander Football Coach
Hillary Wright-Kaufman
Dec 13 2023 11:45 AM

(SPRINGFIELD, Ky.) – Adam Smith has been named Head Commander Football Coach at Washington County High School, according to an announcement from Charlie Cox, principal at WCHS. The coaching position opened last month upon the resignation of former head coach Eric Sagrecy, who transitioned into an assistant principal role. There were nine applicants for the position.

Smith, who currently teaches health and physical education and strength and conditioning at WCHS, has been teaching in the district for four years. He is a 2014 graduate of WCHS, and received a Bachelor of Science in exercise and sports science from the University of the Cumberlands in 2019, and a Master of Arts in Teaching also from the University of the Cumberlands in 2022. “This opportunity has been a dream of mine for a long time,” says Smith. “To be able to come back to my hometown and my community, and pour everything I’ve learned and experienced into the student-athletes of this program, with the goal of making a positive impact on the program, school and community as a whole – I couldn’t imagine being anywhere other than Washington County High School. My goal as a coach is to bring a group of young men together each season so that they play as well as they can as a unit and have respect for each other and the people around them. I want to instill the disciplines of life within each player.”

“We couldn’t be more excited that Adam Smith will be the next head coach of the Washington County Commanders,” says Cox. “Coach Smith is a man of extraordinary character and his vision for Commander football was detailed and exciting to the committee. It’s a GREAT day for not only Commander Football but also Washington County High School.”

“Congratulations to Washington County High School on the appointment of Adam Smith as the new Head Commander Football Coach”, says Washington County Schools Superintendent Dr. J. Robin Cochran. “As a physical education teacher, Adam reflects our commitment to academic excellence both on and off the field. We are excited to see his leadership of our football program, dedication and passion for the game as he leads the Commanders to Excellence!”

Smith and his wife, Kiana, who is a chemistry teacher at WCHS, have two young sons, Jonah and Levi.

410899948_861025656025592_1282267516096234666_n.thumb.jpg.f5974132459781abfdf6023d660fec03.jpg

• Thanks 2