Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Playoff Bracket Questions

Featured Replies

? Was wondering if a Q & A thread would be helpful. I know I have some.

Coach Hawkins was helpful in answering an East/West 6A bracket question in another thread.

For Rounds 2 and 3, District 4 (Male, Bullitt East, and Fern Creek) are in the East side of the bracket. District 5 (Trinity and Ballard) are in the West. Link to the bracket below ~

scoreboard/khsaa/23/6A_tournament 

Question(s) ~

For 6A, is this new for this year, or has this been SOP for awhile? I can't seem to locate any KHSAA guidelines.

Will there be 6A rotations in the future and how will they look? 

Classes 1A - 5A are following a more traditional E/W split. Have there been, and are there plans to rotate beyond Sister Districts for the upcoming seasons that aren't strictly E/W?

I think I've got a handle on how RPI will be used to reseed for the quarterfinals and semis. 

There are a lot of savvy football folks here.

Thanks! 

Any other questions out there - Bracket, RPI ... ?

Screenshot_20231109-162527__01.jpg

A question I have is why is 6A treated differently for East/West RPI from the other classes?

Not sure the reason for switching district 4 and 5.  Not usually like that. 

14 hours ago, BEChargers said:

Not sure the reason for switching district 4 and 5.  Not usually like that. 

I actually like it a bit b/c it gives some variety.  I honestly think, for 6A at least, you could experiment more with moving some districts around in the playoffs.  I think district 1 has to stay playing district 2 just because of the proximity of schools like McCracken County, but the other 6 districts (3-8) could be interchangeable.  Next year they could do 1V2, 3V6, 4V5, & 7V8 or even mix it up further.  From Meade. Co to Campbell Co. or Madison Central is just a little over 2 hours so the drive isn't bad so I don't see why you couldn't even have 3V8, 4V5 & 6V7 and so on.  The rest of the classes might be a bit different due to geography, but 6A could change things up and not cause teams to have to travel great distances for the most part.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.