Where is everyone going?

kyag

Alright...what about some of the other NKY guys and others from around the state...don't be holding back information guys.

Here are a few names to start the conversation:

Josh Line (Ryle)

Diego Hoenderkamp (Ryle)

Anes Smajlovic (Ryle)

Chad Gesenhues (Highlands)

Adarsh Khullar (Highlands)

Nico Voight (Holy Cross)

Tyler Smith (Bishop Brossart)

These are just a couple of NKY names that come to mind...I know there are more, but I haven't heard much about plans for some of the players and if they are wanting or have the opportunity to continue to play at the next level.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've seen posts on SM with several NKY soccer players committing at various programs. Its interesting to talk to HS coaches from around NKY. The schools where coaches and ADs (and the administrations) are committed to player & team development tend to have kids signing. Ryle & Highlands are examples of that. Sadly, many HS programs are only interested in how their current varsity program will perform this year. CovCath & Cooper come to mind. I've talked to parents who are spending money to get their kid on a KH academy, RL or NL team because they know that is the only way their child will have any chance to play post HS soccer. These same parents are also looking at the available schools and are basing the decision as to where their son goes based on what they're told about a particular schools program by families at showcases. I've even talked to one family who refuses to let their son (RL) play in HS because its actually counter productive.

Sadly, there will be very little change in these programs until soccer fills the bleachers at these HS.