Newport 54 Covington Holy Cross 14

dshoe40

39 minutes ago, Thunder44 said:

I understand this a theoretical post, but let’s not put the cart before the horse. Newport has to beat a rising Ludlow team first, and that will be no small feat. 

Newport got the W in the score book, but the game was more about Ludlow losing than Newport winning. The Cats are going to need to step up their game another notch or three to win this one. 

Absolutely not. Ludlow will be ready to avenge that lose for sure. I was just responding to Breds82's question about the potential matchups. For that matter I'm sure Dayton isn't going to lay down either. The RPI matchups would be the same for Ludlow or Newport winning, except NewCath would host Ludlow. I'm not sure anybody on this side of the State wants to see Campbellsville right now, so that KCD/Bethlehem game will have eyes on it in NKY. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TheBearsFavoriteHat said:

Absolutely not. Ludlow will be ready to avenge that lose for sure. I was just responding to Breds82's question about the potential matchups. For that matter I'm sure Dayton isn't going to lay down either. The RPI matchups would be the same for Ludlow or Newport winning, except NewCath would host Ludlow. I'm not sure anybody on this side of the State wants to see Campbellsville right now, so that KCD/Bethlehem game will have eyes on it in NKY. 

I think RPI re seeding kicks in third week not fourth week. Newport and NewCath will not see each other again until finals if so. 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Yall Wear High Waters said:

I think RPI re seeding kicks in third week not fourth week. Newport and NewCath will not see each other again until finals if so. 🤷‍♂️

In the third round it splits the state East/West. Whichever two is left from District 2 and the two NKY teams will be seeded by RPI 1v4 2v3.

Which means that if Bethlehem wins Newport would be 2 and NCC 3. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thunder44 said:

I believe a couple starters for the Indians weren’t there today. Don’t know what if that was the difference, but it they’re starters it played into the final score. 

The Indians started the game down a couple of starters then lost a couple more to injuries in the game.  They were able to keep fighting and not give up the first half but by the end I am not sure if they had any remaining lineman that were consistent starters in the beginning of the season and it got out of hand.  Congratulations to the Wildcats on a big win.  Hopefully the Indians can rebuild next year with the 13 8th graders that made up the majority of the middle school team that beat Newport in the Middle school championship last week.  

• Like 1