Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2025 Trinity kicker Carson Hilbert Article - WLKY

Featured Replies

Very good video/article on Hilbert, his father Jon and his recruitment. Has as good a chance as any specialist I can remember to be recruited at the highest levels. I have personally seen him hit from 58 and video of him from 60. He hit from 50 into the wind at Michigan's camp last year as a sophomore and his warmups at Trinity are like watching batting practice at the MLB level, (you're just watching for how deep it goes into the street or bleachers!) He's very reminiscent of past kickers McLaughlin, Lange, Bironas, the Tydlacka brothers, Heinz-Williams, Petrovic and Joseph Crenshaw in terms of accuracy and talent. Given the current status of the transfer portal and the NIL landscape it remains to be seen whether or not the Power 5's will offer many kickers, but Carson I'm sure is at the top of most of their lists if they do.

https://www.wlky.com/article/trinity-football-carson-hilbert-high-school-kicker/45691756    

In regards to recent D1 recruiting of a KY kicker, Boyle County's Jackson Smith was ranked the #1 kicker in the nation. Currently redshirt freshman at UK.

  • Author
18 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

In regards to recent D1 recruiting of a KY kicker, Boyle County's Jackson Smith was ranked the #1 kicker in the nation. Currently redshirt freshman at UK.

I know there are a ton of websites for Kickers (Chris Sail, Kohl's, ProKicker, Kornblue, etc.) and I'm never sure which to go on...I guess if they get a scholarship at a Power 5, that qualifies them as a top in the country

Hopefully Louisville is involved since always need good kickers and I'm a Cards fan.

42 minutes ago, #RockNation said:

I know there are a ton of websites for Kickers (Chris Sail, Kohl's, ProKicker, Kornblue, etc.) and I'm never sure which to go on...I guess if they get a scholarship at a Power 5, that qualifies them as a top in the country

ProKicker is the one Jackson Smith was ranked #1 on.

The kicker programs are all about the mighty $$$$$$.  My son attended none, got a great offer from Lindsey Wilson and kicked for 4 years right out of high school.  Others did the camp cattle calls and got scholarships and never saw the field.  
 

IMO if you are supposed number 1 nationally then you are not waiting your turn.  Poore Chance was number 1 and we all see how that worked out for Kentucky.

Problem many kids have is put stuff on video kicking with wind at their back and worst of all using a block.  
 

Personal advice, if your kid wants to kick at the next level then the block goes before they complete their high school career.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.