Should UK recruit Steffphon Pettigrew ?

ADopted ADmiral

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What we have to remember is,as far as this kids size He might could grow another inch or so in the next year,and they will add some weight to him with the strenth coach.;)

You are exactly right about the possibility of growth-he is only 17 years old! I'm not sure if Tubby has a call in show-but I think we all need to pull a "Richie Farmer" on Tubby for Pettigrew! Let's support this young man, folks!

Does UK have another scholly to offer after Patterson, Lucas, Moses, Stewart, Williams? If not, they would have to pull an offer from one of these to offer Pettigrew, and we can tell from the discussion on the board that people don't like when schools pull offers from kids. I don't see anything wrong with showing interest in the kid. If he can get an academic scholly, then great. If he qualified for finacial aid, we might see a Marquis Estill type situation.

As for comparison to Lofton, I was one who agreed with not offering Lofton. I agreed with the fact that he is an incredible shooter, but did not think he had the desire or conditioning to become a defensive player in the Tubby system. I had seen Lofton play for two years, and thought he was a good High School Player, but there were better choices for UK to go after, and they did. I commend Lofton for working himself into the player that many did not believe he could be. (Not just Tubby. Look at the recruiting ranking guru's)

I do not believe UK has anymore scholly's if all those kids commit, but my thought is to do as I said, and get in with the kid, let him know you are interested, gauge his interest, just in case you dont get all of those kids. What you see on the board is people getting mad about pulling SCHOLARSHIPS that have been offered and accepted. Not just offers. Scholly offers that have not been accepted must be pulled if you fill up.

Estill was never on Financial Aid. It was proposed if he could get far enough in school to get that last year of eligibility, that he could do it, but it never happened.

You are exactly right about the possibility of growth-he is only 17 years old! I'm not sure if Tubby has a call in show-but I think we all need to pull a "Richie Farmer" on Tubby for Pettigrew! Let's support this young man, folks!

Wouldnt matter. That call would either never get through, or there would be no comment from Tubby, as he cannot comment on unsigned recruits.

Here is a sticking point with Pettigrew. You have Stewart, then you have Moses and PP who can both play the 4. To recruit Pettigrew, the kid is going to need to be able to play the 4 or he may never see the floor. PP may leave early if he lives up to the hype, but I'm sure Tubby doesnt want 3 or 4 PF's in one class either.