Vanhoose close to breaking career scoring record at RHS

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoose should have a big night, I wonder if they will stop the game or announce it after the game, when he breaks the record. They should give him some kind of acknowledgement, but after all we are talking about Russell.

I wonder how much sleep Chris Jones got last night...ha ha

Hoose should have a big night, I wonder if they will stop the game or announce it after the game, when he breaks the record. They should give him some kind of acknowledgement, but after all we are talking about Russell.I wonder how much sleep Chris Jones got last night...ha ha

What does this mean? Care to explain?

I plan to make it, although I'm hopeful that I can avoid the bizarre incident that ocurred when I entered the Stewart Gymnasium on Monday night...and I'm not making this up.

Ricky P's dad walked over to the ticket table as I was paying for my ticket, welcomed me and shook my hand...and then P's mother, looked up at me and in her sweet voice said..."Hi, Rob...we just love our new TV."

I said, "Sorry, right forehead...wrong Rob.":D

:laugh:

When I read this post a almost got choked on my Diet Pepsi. :lol:

Jonathan broke the record with a nice three pointer near the end of the first quarter giving him five points for the game. The game was stopped and there was a short ceremony in which the accomplishment was recognized and the game ball was given to Jonathan and passed on to his mother. Legendary Russell coach, Marvin Meredith was in attendance and it was nice to see Jonathan go over to Coach Meredith and include him in the ceremony.

Seeing this significant event in Russell athletic history and seeing both Coach Meredith and Coach McGlone sitting together made me even more aware of the great tradition that exists at Russell in athletics and in academics. You Russellites have much to be proud of and you take a back seat to no one. You are to be commended for your excellence.

By the way, I know it doesn't count in setting the Russell record but it may interest some to know that Jonathan's first two varsity points were scored against Lewis County in January of 2003 when he was playing as an eighth grader at Rose Hill.