Aug 19 at Harrison County
Aug 25 at Murray
Sep 1 at Fulton County
Sep 8 vs. Marshall County
Sep 15 vs. Warren East (District)
Sep 22 at Logan County (District)
Sep 29 at Hopkinsville (District)
Oct 6 - BYE
Oct 13 at Allen County-Scottsville (District)
Oct 20 vs. Paducah Tilghman (District)
Oct 27 vs. Crittenden County

FyAF5YvWwAQ9BY9.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

That first game seems strange those two teams are not close to each other.

I haven't seen anything one way or the other to indicate, but I'm curious whether or not there may be a bowl sponsor that helped make that game happen, given the 4-1/2 hour drive for Calloway County.

It may well not be a bowl though. This season with the shake-up in classifications, it seems like a lot of coaches have been left in the lurch when it comes to trying to fill out their schedules and have had to get creative when looking for teams to play.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2023 at 12:37 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I haven't seen anything one way or the other to indicate, but I'm curious whether or not there may be a bowl sponsor that helped make that game happen, given the 4-1/2 hour drive for Calloway County.

It may well not be a bowl though. This season with the shake-up in classifications, it seems like a lot of coaches have been left in the lurch when it comes to trying to fill out their schedules and have had to get creative when looking for teams to play.

The picture below is snipped from the Calloway County boosters Facebook page. It appears the game with Harrison County will be played as the opener of a bowl game at Trigg County on Saturday, August 19. Trigg County hosts Murray in the nightcap.

image.png.a2f2c42d0062159efb09a0810fcf94e4.png

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CCHSFOOTBALL

• Like 1