Conner 68 Holmes 57

kyag

I picked this game up in the 2nd half thanks to the Holmes Athletics channel on YouTube. This is the kind of game I thought Conner would have after being off 10 days verses Mason County but looks like they saved it for Holmes. Not a very good shooting night for Conner any where on the court.  This game was closer than most probably think it should have been but Coach Otte did pull some starters in the 4th and Conner did enough to get out of Covington with the win. 

Looking at Holmes record most would’ve thought this game would be over by halftime or at least by the end of the 3rd but watching Holmes play on their home court they had fight. Holmes was quick and just kept attacking. If the 3 was falling for Holmes this may have been an upset post but like Conner (at least n the second half I saw) they were nothing hitting much from 12 foot and out. 

Conner travels to Fort Thomas on Friday to take on Highlands. I’m assuming this game will be broadcasting via the Highlands Athletics channel on YouTube. I’m guessing this will be a packed house with a rowdy student section and band present. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, kyag said:

I picked this game up in the 2nd half thanks to the Holmes Athletics channel on YouTube. This is the kind of game I thought Conner would have after being off 10 days verses Mason County but looks like they saved it for Holmes. Not a very good shooting night for Conner any where on the court.  This game was closer than most probably think it should have been but Coach Otte did pull some starters in the 4th and Conner did enough to get out of Covington with the win. 

Looking at Holmes record most would’ve thought this game would be over by halftime or at least by the end of the 3rd but watching Holmes play on their home court they had fight. Holmes was quick and just kept attacking. If the 3 was falling for Holmes this may have been an upset post but like Conner (at least n the second half I saw) they were nothing hitting much from 12 foot and out. 

Conner travels to Fort Thomas on Friday to take on Highlands. I’m assuming this game will be broadcasting via the Highlands Athletics channel on YouTube. I’m guessing this will be a packed house with a rowdy student section and band present. 

Rowdy student section….yep

Band……. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

3 hours ago, kyag said:

I remember Highlands used to have a pep band for basketball these past few years but have yet to see them this year. I do think that the Highlands student section will make as much if not more noise than the band would. 

Wow this might be somewhat alarming regardless of any parameters people want to put in play. Holmes has 1 win over Dayton and it was by 4 , and I’ve watch D3 schools beat up on them. Conner has played up and down to competition quite a bit, and I think they will get popped by and underdog before they even see CCH again. Somebody like a Lloyd, Newport, Cooper or St.Henry!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wasn't there, but I was told that a Conner starter forgot their uniform and had to sit out until Mom went back to school and retrieved it.  Also, was told a Holmes player was taken out of the game for arguing with the Head Coach and was in civilian clothes sitting in the stands after halftime.  Connor had several reasons to be out of sync.