Cincinnati Football 2023

Walter

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Tupac Shu-Coors Light said:

All signs point to Emory Jones being QB1.

With Ben Bryant deciding to transfer to Northwestern, I think that's a safe assumption that Emory will be QB1. 

Rumors that Florida WR transfer Xzavier Henderson will be announcing his decision to transfer to UC soon. Much needed depth to a very thin WR room. Added UK OL transfer Deondre Buford yesterday. Starting to feel a little better with what UC can do this year. Offense has always been the biggest question mark. 

15 minutes ago, Walter said:

With Ben Bryant deciding to transfer to Northwestern, I think that's a safe assumption that Emory will be QB1. 

Rumors that Florida WR transfer Xzavier Henderson will be announcing his decision to transfer to UC soon. Much needed depth to a very thin WR room. Added UK OL transfer Deondre Buford yesterday. Starting to feel a little better with what UC can do this year. Offense has always been the biggest question mark. 

I don't expect UC to come out and wow people. But I think 6-6 is very viable. I think satterfield will have a lot of success at UC. 

19 hours ago, Tupac Shu-Coors Light said:

I don't expect UC to come out and wow people. But I think 6-6 is very viable. I think satterfield will have a lot of success at UC. 

UC has won 9 or more games in 12 of the past 16 years. Expectations for UC football should always be to make a bowl game and compete for the conference championship. 

Given the circumstances of a new coaching staff, roster turnover, and conference transition, I think 6-6 would be a win for Satterfield in year 1. 

The years UC didn't win 9 games:

2010- Year 1 of Butch Jones 

4-8 followed by back to back 10 win seasons

2015-2017- Final two years of Tuberville (7-6 ; 4-8) and year 1 of Fickell (4-8).

Followed by a 4 year span of going 44-7. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...