NKY Girls Basketball Top 10 (1/3)

I thought I'd start off the year with a, sure to be controversial (😊) NKY Girls Top 10.  We have played about half the season, so I thought it was a good time to see where everyone sits.   Feel free to tell me where I have it wrong, I'm sure I'll leave plenty of room for debate.

1.  Cooper (10-2)

2.  Ryle  (11-3)

3.  Notre Dame (9-1)

4.  Dixie (8-4)

5.  Holy Cross (10-4)

6.  Conner (7-5)

7.  Simon Kenton (8-4)

8.  Highlands (8-4)

9.  Grant County (10-4)

10. NewCath (8-4)

Just missing:

*  Bishop Brossart (9-5)

*  St. Henry (7-4)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to NKY Girls Basketball Top 10 (1/3)
6 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

I thought I'd start off the year with a, sure to be controversial (😊) NKY Girls Top 10.  We have played about half the season, so I thought it was a good time to see where everyone sits.   Feel free to tell me where I have it wrong, I'm sure I'll leave plenty of room for debate.

1.  Cooper (10-2)

2.  Ryle  (11-3)

3.  Notre Dame (9-1)

4.  Dixie (8-4)

5.  Holy Cross (10-4)

6.  Conner (7-5)

7.  Simon Kenton (8-4)

8.  Highlands (8-4)

9.  Grant County (10-4)

10. NewCath (8-4)

Just missing:

*  Bishop Brossart (9-5)

*  St. Henry (7-4)

Looks pretty spot on to me heading into the new year. Well done!

• Thanks 1

NDA and Dixie play each other at Dixie on Wednesday. That will decide that spot. It will be the first time they have played each other since Dixie beat them twice in 2021.  One of those was for the region title. I suspect they will be looking to avenge that loss. 

I do think New Cath should be higher than Highlands.  Looks good!

• Thanks 1

I think the top 5 are spot on and then there's a big drop off after those with Conner certainly being the best of the rest. After that it is a complete toss up, as evidenced by Scott beating Simon Kenton last night. When it comes to the 9th region tournament, I think it will be NDA, Holy Cross, Dixie, St. Henry, NCC, Highlands and then someone being left out of Ryle, Cooper, and Conner. I bring this up now because all 9 of those teams in the top 12 of all of NKY. The postseason is going to be so much fun and about as competitive as its been in a very long time. 

Outside of the 9th, I also am excited about how far Grant County can go in the 8th and I think there is going to be a really interesting set of games in the 37th district as both Brossart and Campbell need to play Scott still for seeding purposes as the 1 seed gets a free pass to the 10th region tournament.

• Thanks 1