Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is the rule:

Featured Replies

In the Boyle Co. / Southwestern game, Boyle Co. was down by 3 points when a Boyle Co. player was was fouled on a three pointer with .9 seconds left. The player missed his first shot and made his second shot. So now, Boyle was down 81-79. Obviously he is going to miss the next free throw on purpose in an effort to get an offensive rebound and stick back to send the game into overtime. Here is my question:

 

What would happen if Southwestern told a player to line up in the lane. That way when Boyle co. missed they would not get a chance to get a stick back. (because it is a lane violation and a dead ball on a miss).

 

And Boyle would have just to keep shooting the FT until they made it. (thus sw winning 81-80)

I think eventually the ref calls a 'T.' I don't know about in basketball, so this obviously a guess and some ref poster is going to come in and kick me, but in football there are rules against making a mockery of the game or its rules, and the ref can even go so far as to reward points or call the game over it.

Your question really is how long would the official allow the intentional lane violation to take place.

 

Interesting.

Your question really is how long would the official allow the intentional lane violation to take place.

 

Interesting.

I agree. Very interesting.

 

I think the ref ends up calling a technical for intentional delay of game, poor sportsmanship or something.

Ibut in football there are rules against making a mockery of the game or its rules, and the ref can even go so far as to reward points or call the game over it.

 

Call me cynical on the above. Can you point me to such a provision?

Looks like Rule 10-1-5 would call for a technical foul. This rule calls for a T when a game becomes actionless due to a team's actions.

Looks like Rule 10-1-5 would call for a technical foul. This rule calls for a T when a game becomes actionless due to a team's actions.

I knew there was something in there but not sure where. Good find and great question.

Wow that is a new one by me. Learn something all of the time.

This is called Delay of Game... just like hitting the ball out of the net.. You get a warning.. next time is technical!

Call me cynical on the above. Can you point me to such a provision?
I just remember it from the record breaking fiasco in WVa last year.

It would be a unsporting technical foul

  • Author
Looks like Rule 10-1-5 would call for a technical foul. This rule calls for a T when a game becomes actionless due to a team's actions.

 

 

This is why I dont coach. I would have had a player do this. When they called A T on my team. I would have probably earned two more.

This is why I dont coach. I would have had a player do this. When they called A T on my team. I would have probably earned two more.

And lost the game giving your opponent 6 technical foul shots. Two technical fouls would have meant an ejection and sitting out the next game and this year a $75 fine.

  • Author

dont forget Jail time and deportation. :dancingpa

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.