Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top performances at State Championship games…

Featured Replies

Congrats to all 12 teams that made it to Kroger field. A very special congratulations to our six champions!

 

What players were the Alphas this past weekend? 

Stats?

Who impressed you? Why?


Would love to read about these athletes on this post. Congrats again to these teams! 

 

 

 

I'm a defensive guy so my obvious picks are going to be defensive players.  Tommy Ziesmer for Boyle and Xavier Campbell for Beechwood.  If I'm not mistaken, Campbell batted down three passes and two of them were back to back.  Campbell put pressure on Mayfield's QB all afternoon and he absolutely tossed the right tackle out of the way on one of his pass rushes.  I have been a fan of Ziesmer since I seen him as a freshman.  He has just gotten stronger and better over his career and was a handful for the Corbin lineman all night long.  Gavin Copenhaver from CAL also stands out in my mind.  I know there were others that had great games, but these are my picks of the games that I watched.

Gavin Copenhaver had 225 yards rushing with 2 touchdowns on offense and 11 tackles on defense.  That is a strong day to say the least.  Cole Hodge wasn't bad either...172 yards passing with 3 TD's...

Outstanding performances not listed yet

Birchfield, Pikeville = 26 carries for 236 yards

Kade Elam, Corbin = 12-17, 149 yards 2 TD's; 44 yards rushing and 2 TD's

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

There were a lot of really good performances but if I were to rank the most outstanding, it would be between Egan, Bullitt East and Copenhaver, CAL. Great numbers on both sides of the ball for those two.

 

 

 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.