Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Pat 78 Deming 39

Featured Replies

But then some of the teams like Augusta, St. Pat, Bracken County, Nicholas County have either a loss or win over one another and the season isn't over yet, I just hope things will turn around soon.

True and you better hope they dont play like they did tonight or it will be a long night in ATOWN.

 

Well if Atown plays like they did at Harrison this should be a battle.

)

Correct in saying it was the worst game they've played last night, one word I can tell you is unbelievable, seem to me the Devils didn't play up to par like I've and the fans have seen them play in the past, whether Luke King being sick or not may have changed things or not, not likely but he is a part of some of the wins we do have along with Kyle, all I can say they played like a team that didn't have their hearts into it.

 

Devilman you and alot of other people at Deming keep thinking that them King boys are the best ballplayers ever. Luke being sick wasnt why Deming got doubled up. If the coaches ever see that there are some other kids that can contribute the Devils may win a few more games. The Kings can play, of that there is no doubt. The other kids can play too if they were coached. Seems like Johnson thinks there are only 2 players in Mt. Olivet

Devilman you and alot of other people at Deming keep thinking that them King boys are the best ballplayers ever. Luke being sick wasnt why Deming got doubled up. If the coaches ever see that there are some other kids that can contribute the Devils may win a few more games. The Kings can play, of that there is no doubt. The other kids can play too if they were coached. Seems like Johnson thinks there are only 2 players in Mt. Olivet

 

As is the case on many teams.... But don't question the coaching... some people get mad...

As is the case on many teams.... But don't question the coaching... some people get mad...

 

 

I can tell you now Atown Pride that coaching doesnt cause anyone to lose a game by 39. For those of you that have never coached you wouldnt understand. Its the coach's job to get the players shots... Its the players responsibility to make the shots... Thats what so many people dont understand...

 

Some people say take them out and put someone else in. Well from the JV games I have watched there arent any younger ones that can shoot any higher percentages..

 

Plus tell me people.... Is there more to basketball than offense and scoring points??? I think so.. A lot of players couldnt play dead in a cowboy movie on defense, but you guys think they should play.. Until you have been a coach and been there, I wouldnt say anything

Devilman you and alot of other people at Deming keep thinking that them King boys are the best ballplayers ever. Luke being sick wasnt why Deming got doubled up. If the coaches ever see that there are some other kids that can contribute the Devils may win a few more games. The Kings can play, of that there is no doubt. The other kids can play too if they were coached. Seems like Johnson thinks there are only 2 players in Mt. Olivet

 

I stated earlier that Luke King being out was not the reason that they were beaten....Deming was beaten thoroughly...SPORTS MOJO, please read my first statement please! Secondly, Have you ever seen Deming play? I would bet that you haven't...and I'm not suggesting that you do, but the King twins do not lead the team in playing time, in fact they probably don't get as much PT as the Juniors and Seniors, but tell me that two eighth graders scoring double figures and pulling down key rebounds against the rest of the 10th region isn't something to get a bit excited about.... Coach Johnson does a great job as coach and rotates as many players as possible. You are assuming that they along with Travis Massey are the only players that Coach Johnson plays and you are flat wrong. Please get your facts straight before making ill-informed statements.

I can tell you now Atown Pride that coaching doesn't cause anyone to lose a game by 39. For those of you that have never coached you wouldn't understand. Its the coach's job to get the players shots... Its the players responsibility to make the shots... Thats what so many people don't understand...

 

Some people say take them out and put someone else in. Well from the JV games I have watched there aren't any younger ones that can shoot any higher percentages..

 

Plus tell me people.... Is there more to basketball than offense and scoring points??? I think so.. A lot of players couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie on defense, but you guys think they should play.. Until you have been a coach and been there, I wouldn't say anything

I would agree with you here mostly its usually not the coach's that win or loose ballgames its the players and there talent levels.But it is the coach's responsibility to get these kids prepared for the type of team and play there going against.And a good coach can motivate his/her kids also when need to be.

I went to the game tonight, joined by fellow Royal fan mhighfield for the first half. St. Pat scored almost at will on back door cuts in the first half; great overall play from Chris Owens and Nick Anderson. Seemed like St. Pat had much more intensity; got the lion's share of loose balls and made all the hustle plays. Turnovers were something like 23-8; rebounds went the Patties way something like 44-37. I may be off by a couple of points, but the halftime score was something like 44-17.

 

We didn't see Deming's best effort tonight, but so one saw this kind of score coming. If the Patties could match this effort every time out they would handle all but a handful of 10th Region teams.

 

Great game, Saints!!!! Listened to it over WFTM and for sure the Paddies were full of enegy and hustle. Nice to hear the steady improvement and for the old alma mater being very competitive in the Region. Say Chris Owens is sure a nice player. GO SAINTS!!!!

I stated earlier that Luke King being out was not the reason that they were beaten....Deming was beaten thoroughly...SPORTS MOJO, please read my first statement please! Secondly, Have you ever seen Deming play? I would bet that you haven't...and I'm not suggesting that you do, but the King twins do not lead the team in playing time, in fact they probably don't get as much PT as the Juniors and Seniors, but tell me that two eighth graders scoring double figures and pulling down key rebounds against the rest of the 10th region isn't something to get a bit excited about.... Coach Johnson does a great job as coach and rotates as many players as possible. You are assuming that they along with Travis Massey are the only players that Coach Johnson plays and you are flat wrong. Please get your facts straight before making ill-informed statements.

 

I seen them play against Fleming Co. and Coach Johnson picked up a technical foul when he should have kept quiet and you say thats great coaching. They had a chance to win that game and he blew it. My question is this. Why isnt the Mitchell kid playing more. He gave the Devils alot of quality minutes last year and if it werent for him I dont believe they would have made the regional tourney.

I can tell you now Atown Pride that coaching doesnt cause anyone to lose a game by 39. For those of you that have never coached you wouldnt understand. Its the coach's job to get the players shots... Its the players responsibility to make the shots... Thats what so many people dont understand...

 

Some people say take them out and put someone else in. Well from the JV games I have watched there arent any younger ones that can shoot any higher percentages..

 

Plus tell me people.... Is there more to basketball than offense and scoring points??? I think so.. A lot of players couldnt play dead in a cowboy movie on defense, but you guys think they should play.. Until you have been a coach and been there, I wouldnt say anything

 

Ureach...Did I say the coaching caused any loss ?...No. Did I say don't question the the coach. ? Yes .... It was just a warning to Mojo that people get mad when you do that. I learned that the hard way. But I am sure he knew that. I for one don't know Coach Johnson and would not question him. I have been to a few games that he has Coached and would have nothing bad to say about him. I did say that it does happen on many teams that some kids don't get PT. Have you ever asked why certain players don't get playing time on this site? I know the answer.. Don't throw stones in Glass houses:thumb:

 

As far as the King boys go....They can flat out play...and that is a general statement nothing to do with the quote

I seen them play against Fleming Co. and Coach Johnson picked up a technical foul when he should have kept quiet and you say thats great coaching. They had a chance to win that game and he blew it. My question is this. Why isnt the Mitchell kid playing more. He gave the Devils alot of quality minutes last year and if it werent for him I dont believe they would have made the regional tourney.

 

I didn't say anything about great coaching at any specific moment over the year....especially not against Fleming. Coach Johnson in his first year and doing well in my opinion and the many opinions of others. I wasn't at the Fleming game, therefore I can't comment on this game. I also am not a mind reader...:thumb: and can't say why the Mitchell kid isn't playing more, but I would guess it's because he is averaging about two or three points per game and not playing defense.

I didn't say anything about great coaching at any specific moment over the year....especially not against Fleming. Coach Johnson in his first year and doing well in my opinion and the many opinions of others. I wasn't at the Fleming game, therefore I can't comment on this game. I also am not a mind reader...:thumb: and can't say why the Mitchell kid isn't playing more, but I would guess it's because he is averaging about two or three points per game and not playing defense.

 

You would have lost your bet also because I have seen them play. I really dont mean to put Johnson down but the Mitchell kid played huge for Coach Massey. I find it odd that he doesnt play more

I stated earlier that Luke King being out was not the reason that they were beaten....Deming was beaten thoroughly...SPORTS MOJO, please read my first statement please! Secondly, Have you ever seen Deming play? I would bet that you haven't...and I'm not suggesting that you do, but the King twins do not lead the team in playing time, in fact they probably don't get as much PT as the Juniors and Seniors, but tell me that two eighth graders scoring double figures and pulling down key rebounds against the rest of the 10th region isn't something to get a bit excited about.... Coach Johnson does a great job as coach and rotates as many players as possible. You are assuming that they along with Travis Massey are the only players that Coach Johnson plays and you are flat wrong. Please get your facts straight before making ill-informed statements.

Well said Flip.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.