1/8/2007 - Heisman (in hind sight)...

RockPride

If you're going to stick with the current Heisman standards, I'd stick with Smith. He had a great year and was deserving.

If you're wanting to give it to the best player in college football, then I'd give it to Calvin Johnson. Of course, I didn't need last night to make that decision. I would have voted Johnson before OSU got beat.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are your top 3?

Mine:

1 - JaMarcus Russell

2 - Darren McFadden

3 - Calvin Johnson

Florida made a lot of people look bad...Russell included...not buying last night suddenly boosting him ahead of Smith for the Heisman.

The best player on the best team usually gets the award. That was Smith this year. Not saying he didn't deserve it as much as anyone but that is normally how it goes. Not sure you can really name a "Best Player" in college each year anymore. There are two many good ones. Look at this year alone. Anyone of a dozen guys could have won.

Troy Smith

Ted Ginn

Brian Brohm

Calvin Johnson

Dewayne Jarrett

Darren McFadden

JaMarcus Russell

Colt Brennan

Jared Zabransky (sp?)

One problem I have with the Heisman is in my mind it is suppose to be for the best player current year in college football. Not the best Senior who had the best 4 year stats...1 year best player.

As far as this year my top 5 as of today would be McFadden, Calvin Johnson, Smith, Russell, and Brennan (in no particular order). Jarrett probably should be in that list but I couldn't give it to someone who can't handle success and act like they at least know what class is. I heard an annoucer this year say all WR's should watch tape of Larry Fitzgerald to learn how to act on the field. Jarrett has zero class.