Garrard County 42 McCreary Central 18

burreaux

Garrard continues to improve throughout the year; the Golden Lions pick up their second straight win and first district win. Coach Hester's defense rarely makes mistakes and that continued tonight. The rushing attack for Garrard has a potent 1-2 combo in a bruising Malachi Simmons and a quick Cameron Peak, some might even call them "Thunder and Lightning."

Garrard has a tough game next week as they host Bell County.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So many injuries early in the season forced a lot of young guys onto the field for Garrard County. It seems like they are starting to gel now. Tough run of games with Bell, Estill, and Rockcastle coming the next three weeks. It will be interesting to get a measure of where the Lions are within the district. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 7:56 AM, Glider said:

Bell County is the better team but I would like to see Garrard pull it out next week. I do like the 1-2 combo of those 2 guys. 

I think a realistic goal for that game would be to keep it within two scores. I don't think Garrard has the size to compete with Bell, but they have the coaching to keep it relatively close.

On 10/1/2022 at 4:59 AM, gchs_uk9 said:

So many injuries early in the season forced a lot of young guys onto the field for Garrard County. It seems like they are starting to gel now. Tough run of games with Bell, Estill, and Rockcastle coming the next three weeks. It will be interesting to get a measure of where the Lions are within the district. 

If they can pull out a win against Rock or Estill, I think they'll have a good chance to win a playoff game this year. 

On 10/2/2022 at 9:03 AM, burreaux said:

If they can pull out a win against Rock or Estill, I think they'll have a good chance to win a playoff game this year. 

Avoiding fourth place and a road trip to Mason County is key for everyone in this district. A first round game against Fleming, Lewis, Powell, or Pendleton at least seems more winnable.

• Like 1