Thirteen Lives (2022 Film)

Ron Howard is putting out the official film version telling the story of the boys soccer team in Thailand rescued from a flooded cave back in the summer of 2018. Viggo Mortensen, Colin Farrell, and Joel Edgerton star in the movie as members of the rescue team.

@nkypete, you were the first to call it that there was a movie in the future about the story. @Jumper_Dad, you predicted 24-36 months before the movie was released...there were a couple of documentaries that came out in that timeframe, but you were a little premature on the first motion picture. I believe it had a streaming release on Amazon Prime on July 29, 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Ron Howard is putting out the official film version telling the story of the boys soccer team in Thailand rescued from a flooded cave back in the summer of 2018. Viggo Mortensen, Colin Farrell, and Joel Edgerton star in the movie as members of the rescue team.

@nkypete, you were the first to call it that there was a movie in the future about the story. @Jumper_Dad, you predicted 24-36 months before the movie was released...there were a couple of documentaries that came out in that timeframe, but you were a little premature on the first motion picture. I believe it had a streaming release on Amazon Prime on July 29, 2022.

I didn't know Covid was coming, or I would have projected longer. Lol

Watched the documentary on Disney a couple of weeks ago then this movie on Prime the next day. Howard did an excellent job of capturing how tense that situation was. I knew the way it turned out and was still on edge throughout the movie.

• Like 1