Thirteen Lives (2022 Film)

Ron Howard is putting out the official film version telling the story of the boys soccer team in Thailand rescued from a flooded cave back in the summer of 2018. Viggo Mortensen, Colin Farrell, and Joel Edgerton star in the movie as members of the rescue team.

@nkypete, you were the first to call it that there was a movie in the future about the story. @Jumper_Dad, you predicted 24-36 months before the movie was released...there were a couple of documentaries that came out in that timeframe, but you were a little premature on the first motion picture. I believe it had a streaming release on Amazon Prime on July 29, 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Ron Howard is putting out the official film version telling the story of the boys soccer team in Thailand rescued from a flooded cave back in the summer of 2018. Viggo Mortensen, Colin Farrell, and Joel Edgerton star in the movie as members of the rescue team.

@nkypete, you were the first to call it that there was a movie in the future about the story. @Jumper_Dad, you predicted 24-36 months before the movie was released...there were a couple of documentaries that came out in that timeframe, but you were a little premature on the first motion picture. I believe it had a streaming release on Amazon Prime on July 29, 2022.

I didn't know Covid was coming, or I would have projected longer. Lol

Watched the documentary on Disney a couple of weeks ago then this movie on Prime the next day. Howard did an excellent job of capturing how tense that situation was. I knew the way it turned out and was still on edge throughout the movie.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I've watched many documentaries and interviews, and therefore know this story pretty well. But @Jumper_Dad is right. This film truly caught the tension and life-altering decisions that had to be made.

I was disappointed that Dr. Richard Harris' colleague, Dr. Craig Challen, was not included, as he was instrumental in the sedation of the team members and bringing the boys out of the cave.