Turner Buttry Named 2022 Mr. Basketball

Turner Buttry was named Mr. Basketball tonight. He is the second Bowling Green Purple to be named Mr. Basketball, after Josh Carrier who won in 2001. He is also the first winner from the 4th Region since Brandon Stockton won in 2002. Buttry finished his senior year with a 23 PPG average, and hit an incredible 51.8% of his threes while attempting 226 from the perimeter. He also hit 90.8% from the foul line. Buttry was the lone starter who returned from the 2021 state quarter finalist Purple team, and led a team full of sophomores and freshmen back to the 9th consecutive region title game for Bowling Green, almost willing them to the championship. Buttry will be off to EKU next fall. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@DragonFire

I would love to see if you could get stats from Buttry and Josh Carrier (Purples 2 Mr Basketball players)

I don’t think Buttry broke Carriers all time scoring record but was close. I’d be interested to see the numbers. 

48 minutes ago, PurplesFan said:

@DragonFire

I would love to see if you could get stats from Buttry and Josh Carrier (Purples 2 Mr Basketball players)

I don’t think Buttry broke Carriers all time scoring record but was close. I’d be interested to see the numbers. 

I’ll see what I can do!

1 hour ago, PurplesFan said:

@DragonFire

Carrier had 1,955 per the Courier Journal’s story on him when he won Mr. Basketball. Buttry had 1,688 per the Riherds stats. It’s 1,792 if you count his stats at Madison Southern (which we wouldn’t).